Organisation : Birla Institute of Technology & Science
Scholarship Name : MCM 2017-18 Merit-cum-Need Scholarships First Semester
Applicable For : Old & New Students of BITS Pilani
Application Deadline : 26/09/2017
Website : http://www.bits-pilani.ac.in:12349/
New Students Notification : https://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/16610-New.pdf
Old Students Notification : https://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/Old-16610.pdf
Apply Online : http://universe.bits-pilani.ac.in:12349/login.aspx
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Merit-cum-Need Scholarship :
Institute Merit-cum-Need Scholarships, First Semester, 2017-2018
Related : BITS Pilani Institute Merit-cum-Need Scholarships Second Semester 2016-17 : www.scholarships.net.in/12468.html
For Students admitted in 2016-2017 and earlier:
Students should note the following procedure for applying for the Institute Merit-cum-Need Scholarship for First Semester 2017-2018.
1. The application should be submitted on-line on or before 5.00 p.m. Tuesday, 26th September 2017, through any one of the following options.
a) Online application form available at SWD intranet website (http://172.18.7.1) or http://swd)
b) Online application form available at http://universe.bits-pilani.ac.in:12349/login.aspx
These will be accessible from 3rd August 2017. An acknowledgment of your application will be sent to you by e-mail.
2. Latest income certificate(s) should be submitted before the deadline along with the details of the applicant on a cover sheet available at SWD office (Room No. 2101).
3. Income certificate(s) of parent(s)/guardian must be submitted before the deadline, along with the details of the applicant on the cover sheet available at SWD office (Room No. 2101). The certificate should clearly indicate the gross income. Income certificates of both parents, if both are employed should be submitted along with photocopy of PAN cards.
Types of certificates that are accepted:
a) If parent(s)/guardian are salaried persons, salary slip or salary certificate from the employer dated not earlier than 1st of April 2017, should be submitted. Copy of Form 16, clearly showing the gross income may also be submitted.
b) All others must submit an income certificate from Tehsildar / Mandal Revenue Officer indicating gross income for the financial year 2017-2018 based on the income of the preceding financial year (2016- 2017). Copy of ITR must be submitted (Assessment year 2017-2018).
c) Pensioners should submit a statement from bank/post office from where pension is drawn.
4. The eligibility criteria for award of scholarship are as follows:
a) Gross annual income of parent(s)/guardian from all sources should be less than the maximum prescribed by the Scholarships Committee. Prescribed maximum limit for the previous semester was Rs. 8.00,000/- p.a.
b) The scholarships are awarded to students based on CGPA.
c) No NC/E report in the previous semester.
d) No case of indiscipline.
e) Not availing any external scholarship that carries a condition that the student is not receiving any other scholarship. Students are to certify that they are not availing any other scholarship such as Inspire/KVPY etc. Any student availing fee benefit scheme is not eligible.
5. All decisions of the Scholarships Committee are final and binding.
Please follow the following instructions to apply for MCN scholarships:
1. Open the SWD website (www.swd.bits-pilani.ac.in) on your web browser.
2. Go to the My SWD tab and log into the website using your username and password.
3. Go to the Scholarships tab and the MCN application form will appear.
4. Fill in the necessary details and click on the save button.
5. An email will be sent to your bits email id confirming the acceptance of your application.
*The details regarding username and password for logging into the SWD website will be e-mailed to you in due time.
** Make sure the details you enter are verifiable.