|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organisation : Directorate of Higher Education
Scholarship Name : State Merit Scholarship 2020
Applicable For : Students pursuing post matric (above class X) studies
Applicable States/UTs : Nagaland
Last Date : 30th November 2020
Website : https://scholarship.nagaland.gov.in/schemes
DHE Nagaland State Merit Scholarship
Online applications are invited for State Merit Scholarship for year 2020
Related / Similar Scholarship : DHE Nagaland Post Matric ST Scholarship 2020
A student should fulfil the following criteria to be eligible for this Scholarship:
1. The applicant must be an indigenous inhabitant of Nagaland and pursuing post matric (above class X) studies in recognised institution.
Non-indigenous inhabitants of Nagaland who are permanently settled in Nagaland and secured top 10 positions in Board/ University (within Nagaland) can also apply for this scholarship by enclosing necessary documents along with Xerox copy of Permanent Resident Certificate issued by the competent authority.
2. Qualifying percentage to avail State Merit Scholarship Scheme is as follow:
3. Students who have failed in their last examination (repeaters) are not eligible to apply.
4. Students having study break of more than 2 (two) years (last exam passed before 2018) are not eligible to apply for this scholarship.
5. Applicant must not be a beneficiary of any other scholarship scheme.
6. Applicant must not be an employee of any government/semi government establishment.
7. Students pursuing Diploma/Certificate Course can also apply provided they fulfil the above Eligibility criteria (1- 6) and their course duration is not less than two years.
8. Students studying in NIOS can also apply, provided they fulfil Eligibility criteria 1 to 6 and have the following subject combination.
a) For class 11 and 12 level course, the applicant must have p a s s e d cl ass 10 with t he following subject combination.
i) English ii). Alt English or MIL iii) Science iv) Maths and v) Social Science.
Go to the link https://scholarship.nagaland.gov.in/ and apply online
i. Attested Xerox copies of class 10 Admit Card and Mark Sheet.
ii. Attested Xerox copies of mark sheets of the last examination(s) passed as required for percentage calculation mentioned in Eligibility criteria 2. (If mark sheet is yet to be issued by the institution, submit a certificate from the Institutional head stating that the applicant has passed in the promotion examination with the minimum required qualifying marks.)
iii. Attested Xerox copy of Scheduled Tribe Certificate and Indigenous Certificate issued by competent designated authority.
iv. Part B Form (only for applicants studying outside Nagaland)
v. Permanent Residential Certificate (for Non-Indigenous inhabitant of Nagaland)
vi. Hostel Certificate: (For hostellers only)
a. Applicant residing in a registered hostel outside Nagaland needs to enclose a Hostel certificate / commendation certificate from the hostel warden as proof.
b. Applicant staying in recognized hostel within Nagaland should use the Hosteller Form issued by the Department. Hosteller Forms will be issued to the wardens of recognized hostels for distribution to their bonafide hostellers. However, due to the pandemic, Hosteller Form for the year 2020 will be issued only if situation permits (will publish in local dailies).
vii. Xerox copy of the front page of Bank Passbook.
viii. Xerox copy of the Aadhaar Card.
ix. Xerox copy of Admission Receipt.
1. Institutions are to inform/notify to the students about the scholarship and set a date line for receiving their forms and documents.
2. Institutions are to verify and compile the eligible Application Forms. Transaction/Application ID of all Merit scholarship forms start with the scheme code MRT.
3. Bank Account should be in the name of the applicant. If an applicant furnished Bank Account other than his/her own Account, Application Form of such student/applicant should be rejected.
4. Institution should see to it that it displays/publishes the list of the eligible/rejected applications for any claims/objection/correction before submitting to this Office. This is required in order to avoid any undesirable issue/complaints arising after submission of forms.
5. Institutions are to submit the following to this Office within the stipulated date:
(a) All Merit Application Forms and documents submitted by the students
(b) List of the applicants
(c) Forwarding/covering letter
6. Head of the Institutions/ In charge of scholarship at the Institutions should ensure that all necessary documents that have been mentioned are intact and genuine including the Hostel forms.
** Online application: 7th September to 30th November 2020.
** Last date of submission of Merit Form hardcopy: 11th December 2020.