Organization : Department of University & Higher Education
Scholarship Name : N.E.C Scholarship/Stipend Online Application & Renewal
Applicable State : Manipur
|You can now ask your question on this scholarship. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
Higher Education Manipur N.E.C Scholarship
Under the Scheme “Financial Support to the students of N.E.R. for Higher Professional Course” to be operated directly by the State of North Eastern Region.
Update : Higher Education Manipur NEC Merit Scholarship Fresh & Renewal 2018-19 : www.scholarships.net.in/30392.html
The Secretary, NEC pleased to make the following rules to regulate thee grant of stipend and book-grant to the students of N.E. Region undergoing studies in different disciplines at different levels in institution inside as well as outside the North-East but withi9n the country as specified hereinafter.
The stipends shall be awarded in subjects which enumerated in Annexure – I and which are found to be the areas/fields in which there is still a shortage of adequately trained manpower in the region.
The rules may be called “Rules for award of stipend and book-grant from NEC”. These rules shall come into force from the year 2010 -11 and will supercede the previous rules on the above subject.
These stipends and book-grant are available for studies in India only and shall be awarded by the north Eastern States from the fund allotted by the North Eastern Council Secretariat, Shillong.
General Condition of Eligibility
Subjects to specified conditions mentioned elsewhere, the general conditions of eligibility are stated below.
i. The certificate to this effect obtained from the Deputy Commissioner of the district in which the candidate is a permanent resident must be produced by the candidate. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. However, for SC/ST applicants, the SC/ST Certificate issued by the component authority can be considered as PRC.
ii. The Candidates should possess the relevant qualification from any recognised institution. An original certificate from the Institution of study must be produced by the candidate.
iii. The student must not be receipt of any other financial assistance from any other source, except National merit Scholarship. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study shall not be eligible to received the stipend.
iv. Financial Assistance of stipend/book-grant shall be admissible to students taking admission in the courses specified hereinafter in all Institutes recognized by the Ministry of human Resources Development/respective Ministry of the Government of India.
v. The stipend/book=grant shall be tenable for the prescribed duration of a course. A student failing to pass in a particular year shall not receive further stipend till he/she passes the specific year of the course. The institution shall certify to that effect and make specific recommendation thereto.
vi. In-service candidate are not covered by these schemes.
vii. The minimum marks for the grant of stipend should be 75% for general/OBC and 60% for SC/ST/PH candidates in the relevant qualifying examination for Diploma, Degree and postgraduate course (effective from 2013-14 academic sessions).
viii. Selection will be made on the basis of merit in all cases.
ix. Selection will be made on the basis of merit in all cases.
The present rate of stipends & subject/Courses is as under:
(i) Level of study Stipend Book-grant
Diploma Rs. 900 p.m Rs1000/- p.a
Degree Rs.1000 p.m Rs. 1400/- p.a
Post-graduate Rs.1200 p.m Rs 2000/- p.a
M.Phil/Ph.D Ps. 1500/p.m Rs. 3000/p.a
The rates are subject to revision from time to time. A committee will be appointed by the secretary, NEC for the Purpose.
(ii)(a) The various courses of studies at different levels for which NEC’s financial assistance is admissible would be those as decided by the NEC from time to time keeping in view the requirements of specialized manpower of the N.E Region. The current list of courses are outlined in Annexures—I, ii iii & IV.
(b) The subject/Topics for M.Phil & Ph.B should invariably by directly, specifically and currently relevant to the NE. Region. Basic and theoretical research shall not be favoured in general. The stipend for M.Phil will be available for initially for 3 years extendable by a maximum period of 6 months or 1(one) Semester and Ph.D stipends shall be initially for 3 years extendable by a maximum period of one year on the basis of the recommendations from the guide of the institutes. The grant of stipend for M.Phil. and Ph.D. would be after the registration of the student with the university.
The number of stipends to be awarded every year to candidates at different levels may be decided by the states government keeping in mind the fund allocation to the state government. However, the number may be increased at each level of study depending upon the market demand and availability of fund.
Reservation for SC/ST/PH:
(a) All candidates will be considered under the general category
(b) Reservation on the same principles as embodied in our constitution and as followed by Government of India shall be followed in selection of candidates. The reservation would be made according to the percentage of SC, ST and also limited to a maximum of 35% as ruled by the Supreme Court and as followed by the government of India. However, SC, ST candidates who are qualified on merit of their own as general candidates will be considered against the general quota.
Selection & Mode of Payment
Selection of candidates for diploma level upwards shall be made by the state government after proper advertisement and following selection procedure as outlined Annexure-V.
The stipend at stipulated rates for Diploma level and above would be deposited directly to the respective bank accounts of the students concerned through DBT by the state government concerned.
Submission of Utilisation Certificates
The state government of North Eastern Region shall submit utilization certificate in GFR 19 A and Audit certificate for the amount released from NEC under the scheme “Financial support to the students of the students of North Eastern Region for higher professional courses”.
In case of doubt/clarification the matter shall be referred to Director (Manpower Development), North Eastern Council Secretariat, Shillong – 793001.
M.Phil. & Ph.D. :
The subject/topics for M.Phil and Ph.D. should invariably be directly, specifically and currently relevant to the N.E. Region. M.Phil. and Ph.D. candidates should invariably submit a synopsis of their thesis countersigned by their Guides/Supervisors.
N.B.: In-service personnel are not covered by this scheme.
Rules for Renewal of Stipend
1. Renewal of stipend and book-grant is not an automatic process and is subject to fulfilment of certain terms and condition by the stipend holder.
2. All requested for renewal of stipend and book-grant shall be made to the Director, Department concerned of the State Govt. in the prescribed form which can be obtained from the Head of the Institution/Dean, Student Welfare of the educational institution/University where the stipend holder is studying. At the beginning of each financial year a sufficient number of renewal forms for stipend shall be sent by post to the Head of the Institution/Dean; Student Welfare of the Education institution/university where the stipend holder is studying, if requested.
3. Renewal of Stipend 7 Book-grant is generally for a period of one year i.e. 1st April to 31st March of the next year.
4. Stipend holder shall apply for renewal of Stipend & Book-grant on a yearly basis. However, stipend holder form the Medical Science stream may apply for renewal after completion of each p[professional examination.
5. While applying for renewal the stipend holder shall fill up the renewal from completely. Mark-sheet/ Pass Certificates for the precious year shall be enclosed. Ph.D./M.Phil. student while applying for renewal shall enclose the latest progress report from the Guide countersigned by the Registrar. The filled in renewal forms shall be submitted to the Head of the institution for recommendation.
6. The Head of the educational institution while recommending a case for renewal of stipend and book-grant shall clearly indicate whether the stipend holder has been p[promoted to the next year or not Renewal cases of stipend holders who shall be removed from the records.
7. Renewal cases of stipend holders who are not promoted to the next year will not be considered for further renewal and names of such stipend holders shall be removed from the records.
8. In case of a stipend holders who failed in one or more subjects but is promoted to the next semester/year such cases for renewal will be considered for renewal provided that the stipend holder clears all the back papers in the next examination. In all such cases for renewal a certificate in this regard from the Head of the Institution will be accompany the request for subsequent renewal.
9. Request for renewal of stipend holder who have change their subject of study will not be entertained for renewal if the student has availed the stipend for the previous course or part of it.
10. Request for renewal of stipend of such stipend holders who have change their Institution of study will not be entertained.
11. Request for renewal of stipend and book-grant in respect of stipend holders who discontinue their study for any period for any reason other than on medical reason will not be entertained. Stipend holders who discontinue their study on medical ground will submit a medical certificate from the District Medical Officer/Head of the Medical Institutions in this regard, clearly indicating the Course and period of such break in study while applying for renewal.
12. Extension of stipend and book-grant beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained. However, if such extension is due to reason beyond control of stipend holders, then such cases may be considered for extension based on the merit of the individual case. All such request for extension must be accompanied by a Certificate issued in this regard by the Head of the educational Institution as in the format given in the renewal form.
13. M.Phil. stipend is sanctioned for a period of one and half year and is extendable by a period of six months/one year based on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
14. Ph.D. stipend and book-grant are sanctioned normally form a period of three years, which is extendable for another one year based on the recommendation of the Head of the Institution.
15. Final year stipend holders wishing to draw the final distribution of stipend and book-grant after completion of their courses directly from the State Govt. will be required to submit a recommendation in this regard from the Head of the Institution.