daman.nic.in NMMS 2018-19 : National Means cum Merit Scholarship Examination Diu
|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organisation : U.T. Administration of Daman & Diu
Scholarship Name : NMMS 2018-19 National Means cum Merit Scholarship Examination
Applicable For : Students Studying in Class VIII
Applicable States/ UTs : Daman & Diu
Application Last Date : 7th September 2018
Exam Date : 04-11-18
Website : https://daman.nic.in/education.aspx
Daman & Diu NMMS Exam
U.T. Administration of Daman & Diu invites applications for NMMS National Means cum Merit Scholarship Examination for the year 2018-19.
Related : Daman & Diu NTSE National Talent Search Examination 2018-19 : www.scholarships.net.in/26909.html
Who Can Apply?
** Students studying in class VIII during the Academic Year 2018-19 in Govt. School and Aided School who has secured at least 55% marks obtained in class VII are eligible (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST) students
** The Income limit for parents should not exceed Rs. 1, 50,000/-.
Dale of Examination : 4rh November 2018 (Sunday)
Last date of Submission : 7ih September,2018.
How to Apply?
Please follow the below steps to apply for NMMS 2018.
Step 1 : Go to the official website of U.T. Administration of Daman & Diu provided above.
Step 2 : Then download the application form from the official website of you can directly download it from below mentioned link.
Download Application Form :
Step 3 : Read the instruction carefully before filling the application form. Fill the application form with the required details.
Step 4 : The completed Application Forms and Excel Sheet Proforma in respect of concern school along with the prescribed fees should be sent to the below given address on or before the last date.
State Liaison Officer, (NTS/NMMS) / Head Master,
Govt, High School – E/M, Nani Daman,
Opp. Custom House
The forms received after the last date shall not be accepted / entertained at any cost.
Documents to be submitted along with application form
1. Self attested xerox copy of progress report (STD VII) for NMMSS.
2. Self attested xerox copy of SC /ST /OBC Certificate for SC/ST/0 BC Candidate.
3. Disabilities status certificate from the competent authority for Physically Challenged.
4. Income Certificate for those who apply for NMMS Exam.
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship. The state Level Examination may consist of the following two tests
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figures etc.
Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
Read instruction carefully before filling up the Application Form.
1. Use only Blue or Black Ball Point pen. WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark or write outside the boxes.
2. Leave one box blank between two words. Limit your name and/or address within the space provided for it. Please see example as given below.
3. Cross(x) only one of the appropriate boxes in items nos. 4,5,6,7,10,11 and 21.
4. Please write code number in items nos 12, 13,14, 15 and 16 as given overleaf.
5. It is the responsibility of the candidate and the principal of the school to deposit the filled in form with the state concerned Officer before the last date.
6. Incomplete or defensive applications are liable to be rejected.