|You can ask questions or answer questions about this scholarship.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Organization : Tamilnadu State Council For Science & Technology
Fellowship Name : Student Project Scheme 2018-19
Applicable For : Research Scholars
Applicable State : Tamilnadu
Application Last Date : 31-08-2018
Website : http://www.tanscst.nic.in/index.html
TANSCST Student Project Scheme
Tamilnadu State Council For Science & Technology invites applications for Programme For Bridging The Gap In Research Funding For Research Scholars In Colleges (RFRS)2018-2019.
Related / Similar Post : TANSCST SPS Results 2018-2019
This is a unique programme wherein the selected research scholars of our State colleges are provided with not only research funding but also an opportunity to carry out socially relevant studies, so that they make meaningful contribution to our society.
The objective of the programme is to provide opportunities and research funding for Research Scholars of colleges to do meaningful research which is useful and relevant to our State, since there is a need to bridge the research funding gap particularly at college level.
i) A masters degree in Science/Technology with consistently good academic record
ii) Full time Research Scholars in all areas of Science and Technology already registered for their Ph.D in any of the recognised colleges of our state.
iii) Atleast 2 research publications in reputed National/International journals.
i) A sum of Rs.10000/- p.m. will be provided as stipend for 2 years for the Selected Research Scholar (Rs.10000 x 24 = Rs.2,40,000/-)
ii) An additional sum of Rs.60000/- (Rs. 30000 + 30000) will be provided towards purchase of chemicals, glasswares, expendable items, travel, contingencies and other expenses related to their research work.
iii) Therefore, a total of Rs.3.00 lakhs will be available for the research scholar selected under this scheme, over a period of 2 years.
How to Apply?
i) Interested candidates fulfilling eligibility criteria prescribed can apply in the prescribed format through their college through proper channel
Application Form :
ii) 5 copies of application along with relevant enclosures may be sent to the following address on or before 31.08.2018.
“The Member Secretary,
Tamilnadu State Council for Science and Technology,
Chennai -600 025”
1. Name and Institutional Address of the Research Scholar (With Phone, Fax, E-mail etc)
2. Permanent /Residential address of the candidate with phone, fax, email etc
3. Sex – Male / Female
4. Date of birth (Certificate may be enclosed)
5. Nativity(Certificate may be enclosed)
6. Broad area of Research Choose only one from the following
** Agricultural Sciences
** Biological Sciences
** Chemical Sciences
** Environmental Sciences
** Engineering & Technology
** Mathematical Sciences
** Medical Sciences
** Physical Sciences
** Social Sciences
** Veterinary Sciences
7. Educational Qualification (Attested copies of mark sheet and other certificates may be enclosed)
8. Broad area of Research and date of Ph.D Registration(Enclose registration copy)
9. List of Research papers already published (Copies of research paper may be enclosed)
10. Brief write up (abstract) of the proposed research work (not exceeding 2 pages)
11. Detailed proposal (Defining the research problem/ idea, review of literature, specific objectives, methodology of research etc)
12. Social relevance and useful of the proposed research
13. Expected outcome of the research work
14. Details of Research Guide (Name and Institutional address along with Phone, fax, email etc, brief bio-data of the Guide)
15. Facilities available at the College for the research work proposed
16. Any other relevant information
** Proposals from research scholars in colleges of our State are invited especially in the areas of science and technology that are relevant to our State.
** These proposals will be evaluated by expert committee constituted for this programme.
** Suitable proposals recommended by the expert committee will be considered for funding.
** After approval of the Council, the grant will be released to the concerned colleges.
Last date to submit the application form is 31st August 2018