Organisation : Maulana Azad Education Foundation
Scholarship Name : NGO Grant-in-Aid Scheme 2017-18
Applicable For : Society/Trust (NGO)
Website : http://www.maef.nic.in/index.aspx
Apply Here : http://maef-gia.minorityaffairs.gov.in/maef/
Grant-in-Aid Scheme :
Online Registration of NGO’s for Grant-in-Aid Scheme, Year 2017-18
Related / Similar Post : MAEF Begum Hazrat Mahal Scholarship 2019-20
The Grant-in-Aid Scheme was started by the Foundation in 1989-1990 and the main purpose of the Scheme is providing assistance to NGOs for infrastructure development of the institutions run by them.
The Grant-in-Aid Scheme of the Foundation is a very popular scheme and the Foundation has assisted more than 1500 institution since inception spread all over the country and has sanctioned more than Rs.200.00 Crores under the Scheme.
Objectives of the Scheme:
** To provide basic educational infrastructure and facilities in the area of concentration of educationally backward minorities which do not ; have adequate provision for elementary , secondary schools and Sr . Sec . Schools/Jr Colleges/ Professional & Vocational Training Institutes.
Purpose for which Grant-in-Aid is provided:
** Financial assistance for construction/expansion of Schools working for the educationally backward minorities.
** Financial assistance for purchase of Science/Computer lab equipments/furniture for the Institutions working for the educationally backward minorities.
** Financial assistance for purchase of equipments / construction / Expansion of Vocational Training Centre/ITI/Polytechnic working for the educationally backward minorities.
** Financial assistance for construction of Hostel building in the institutions working for the educationally backward minorities.
** Financial assistance construction/Expansion of D .Ed/B .Ed. College working for the educationally backward minorities.
** Financial assistance for construction of Toilets in the Schools assisted by MAEF.
** Society/Trust should be registered under the Societies Registration Act/ Indian Trust Act for the last three years.
** Society/Trust (NGO) should be registered on NGO-D ARPAN of NITI Aayog Portal.
** Society/Trust (NGO) must be having properly constituted Managing Committee with its powers clearly defined in its bye-laws.
** Society/Trust must be having proper audit reports with Balance Sheet, Receipt- Payment and Income-Expenditure statements reflecting educational activities carried out for the last three years.
** Society/Trust should be in a position to receive involvement of knowledge-able persons for furtherance of their programmes on voluntary basis.
** Society/Trust (NGO) should not be run for the profit of any individual or a body of individuals/ family and it should not be controlled by any individual or a body of individuals/ family .
** The members from one family should not be more than 50% in the Managing Committee . The NGO will have to attach an affidavit on Rs .100/- stamp paper that the members belonging to one family are less than 50%.
** The institutions for whose construction/expansion the assistance is required should be in existence and recognized/affiliated to the concerned State/Central Board/ Council/ University.
** Society/Trust should promote communal harmony and social unity.
** More than 25% of the beneficiary students in the Institution for whose expansion/ strengthen assistance is sought should be belonging to educationally backward minorities/ target group.
** For seeking assistance for constr uction of hostel building , it is necessary that the Institution for which the hostel is required should be recognized at least up to 12 th standard and 10 standard for North Eastern States and Jammu &;; Kashmir.
** Society/Trust (NGO) must be having at least 500 sq. yard land (in urban/semi-urban areas) or at least half acre land (in rural areas) in its name or on lease for not less than 30 years for the proposed project or as per criteria laid down by recognizing / affiliating body of respective State / Central Board / Council/ University.
** Society/Trust (NGO) should be ready to invest at least 15% of the total cost of project as NGO’s share on the project
** Society/Trust (NGO) will not take loan on the building constructed/being constructed with MAEF assistance/on the land on which the building has been constructed with the assistance of the Foundation.
** However , if it becomes necessary , then prior permission of the Foundation for the same will be necessary.
** Society/Trust (NGO) will have to inform about the funds received under FCRA, if any , or funds likely to be received under FCRA.
** Institutions recognized by Madarsa Boards or running as Study/ Examination Centres of NCPUL, NIOS , MANNU etc . are not entitled for getting grants from MAEF.
Instructions for filling the Agreement Bond, Undertakings & instructions for Bank Account :
1) All the columns/blank space given in the specimen of the Agreement Bond & Undertakings should be filled properly,
2) The name of the NGO should be filled as mentioned in the Registration Certificate/ Sanction Order, issued by the MAEF,
3) Amount of grant-in-aid should be mentioned in the given space in figures & words properly,
4) The blank space which is pertaining to grant-in-aid released should not be filled (as marked in the specimen),
5) The Agreement Bond should be signed & stamped by Authorized signatory of the NGO on each page,
6) The name & complete address of the witnesses should be mentioned clearly along with their signatures and these witnesses should preferably be other office bearers/ members of NGO or Principal/Head Master of the School/Institution,
7) The Account for MAEF grant should be opened in nationalized banks which have direct facility of RTGS/NEFT. The local Banks or Co-operative Banks should be avoided,
8) The Bank Account should be exactly in the name, in which the grant-in-aid has been sanctioned (name as mentioned in the Sanction Order). The “Manager/Secretary/ Chairman/President” should not be added along with the name of NGO in the Bank Account,
9) The Bank Account details should be provided on the given format along with a blank cancelled cheque or certified photocopy of Bank passbook, as the case may be,
10) Each documents as asked in the Sanctioned Order should be provided in proper format, as explained,