Organisation : MHRD Ministry of Human Resource Development
Scholarship Name : Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For NER North Eastern Region 2017-18
Service Name : FAQs Frequently Asked Questions
Applicable For : Students with domicile of NER
Applicable States/ UTs: Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim, Tripura
Application Deadline : 31-10-2017
Website : http://www.scholarships.gov.in/
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Ishan Uday Scholarship FAQs:
1) Is the scheme open for all candidates enrolled in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes?:
No. Only those candidates who have domicile of the North-Eastern states of India are covered under the schemes i.e. Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland, Sikkim and Tripura.
Related : MHRD 2017-18 Ishan Uday Special Scholarship Scheme For North Eastern Region : www.scholarships.net.in/16684.html
2) Is there any annual income ceiling for candidates to be included under the scheme?:
Yes, only those candidates whose annual family income is less than or equal to Rs. 4.5 lakh per annum are covered under ambit of the scheme.
3) Is there any need for uploading of domicile certificate alongwith the online application form?:
Yes, the domicile certificate/ permanent resident certificate issued by the competent authority will have to be uploaded with the online application form.
4) Are only first year undergraduate students eligible to apply?:
Yes, only those students who have passed Class XII(CBSE board) or equivalent Examination of State Boards for the current year are eligible to apply.
5) Are students enrolled in Diploma courses or those who have cleared Class XII exam or equivalent in the preceding years eligible to apply?:
No. Only those students who have qualified class XII exam or equivalent exam during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
6) Are students enrolled in private/deemed universities (not funded by either Central or State Government) eligible to apply? :
No. The scheme is applicable for students of first year undergraduate courses and enrolled in the following institutions are eligible to apply :-
1. Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
2. Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
3. Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
4. Institutes of National Importance.
5. Institutions recognized by other statutory councils within as well as outside the States of NER.
7) Are students enrolled in integrated courses of eligible institutions eligible to apply?:
Yes. Students enrolled in integrated courses are eligible to apply. However, such awardees could avail scholarship only for the undergraduate part of the course.
8) Are students enrolled in dual degree courses eligible to apply?:
Yes. However, the awardees will be eligible to draw scholarship only till the tenure of the first degree programme.
9) Are all courses covered under the ambit of the scheme?:
No. The scholarship will be awarded in general degree courses, professional courses, technical courses, medical and paramedical courses (including MBBS, BAMS, BDS, B.Arch., B.Tech. etc.)
What is the amount of scholarship payable to the awardees? :
There amount of scholarship depends upon course of study of the awardee. For the students pursuing General Degree Courses (BA, BSc, BCom, BMS, BBA etc.) it is Rs.5400/- p.m.. etc. and for students pursuing professional degree courses (B.E., BTech, MBBS, B. Pharm. etc. ) it is and Rs.7800/- p.m. for the entire duration of course. The concerned University/ Institute/ College will verify whether the course of study for the candidate is general or professional.
10) Who will verify the credentials of the candidates? How will payments be regulated?:
The Concerned University/Institute/College in which the candidate is pursuing the course of study will verify the credential of the candidate on the National Scholarship Portal (NSP portal).
11) Will the scholarship transferred in case the awardee changes the institution or course during the tenure of scholarship?:
No. There is no provision for transfer of scholarship.
12) Will the scholarship be renewed if the awardee fails in the first or subsequent years of study?:
No. The scholarship will not be renewed if the awardee fails to qualify in the annual or term end examinations of the course.
13) Are the students who have enrolled in some course in distance mode or have obtained admission through management quota be considered eligible for award of scholarship?
No these categories of students will not be considered for award of scholarship.
14) Can the awardee claim any other scholarship (State/ Institute or other Ministry) during the tenure of award of this scholarship?:
No. Such students will not be considered for award of this scholarship.
15) Can the students apply anytime during the year of admission?:
No. Students can only apply online on the NSP (https://scholarships.gov.in/) during a particular time period as displayed on the website.