Organisation : University Grants Commission, MHRD
Portal Name : National Scholarship Portal
Scholarship Name : Ishan Uday Scholarship For North Eastern Region 2019-20
Applicable For : Students with domicile of NER
Application Last Date : 15.11.2019 (Date is Extended)
Website : http://www.scholarships.gov.in/
|You can now ask your question on this scholarship. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
NSP UGC Ishan Uday Scholarship
The Ministry of HRD and the University Grants Commission invites applications for Ishan Uday Scholarship For North Eastern Region for the year 2019-20.
Related / Similar Post :
National Scholarship Portal – List of All Posts
1) To provide equal opportunities for higher studies in NE Region.
2) To increase the Gross Enrolment Ratio (GER) in NE Region.
3) To focus more on professional education in NE Region.
4) Optimum utilization of NER Budgetary Allocation
Ishan Uday Scheme is open for Renewal of Academic Year 2017-18 Applicants.
Who Can Apply?
Students with domicile of NER, whose parental annual income does not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum from all sources.
1. Passed XII or equivalent in the preceding year of study i.e. 2019 for applications called for during year 2019-20.
2. Secured admission in first year of any degree course, either general degree course of technical/professional/ medical/ paramedical course (Integrated courses included) in any of the following University/ College/ Institute
** Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under Section 2(f) and 12 (B) of UGC Act.
** Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC.
** Universities/Institutions/Colleges funded by Central / State Government.
** Institutes of National Importance.
** Institutions recognized by other Statutory councils within as well as outside
** The admission should have been made in University/ Institution/ College with AISHE code.
3. For availing scholarship under this scheme, the income of the parents of the student should not exceed Rs.4.5 lakh per annum.
4. Transgender candidates are eligible to apply under the scheme.
How to Apply?
Just follow the below steps to apply for the Ishan Uday Scholarship 2019-20
Step 1 : Go to the official website of National Scholarship Portal through the URL provided above.
Step 2 : Then Select Central Schemes tab and Click on University Grants Commission in the drop down list.
Step 3 : After that Click Apply link in the “Ishan Uday Scholarship For North Eastern Region”.
Step 4 : It will redirect to the Login Page. Enter your Application Id, Password and Captcha for Login.
Step 5 : After Login to your account select the Scholarship scheme and fill the required details to apply for the scholarship.
Step 6 : If you are a New User then Click on the Register link in the Login Page.
Step 7 : Enter all required details for registration to get your user id and password. After register your account you can Login and apply the scholarship.
The following documents will be uploaded at the time of applying under the scheme on the NeSP.
1. Domicile certificate to be issued by the competent authority.
2. Proof of annual income to be issued by the competent authority.
3. For renewals, the annual progress report and continuation of studies will be required to be uploaded/ verified by the concerned University/ Institution/ College
Amount Of Scholarship
Rs.5400/- per month for general degree course and Rs.7800/- per month for technical/medical/professional/paramedical courses.
** 10,000 (ten thousand) fresh scholarships will be awarded every year.
** Distribution of slots amongst the states of NER will be done on the basis of population census(last).
** If slots in a particular state remain vacant due to non-availability of eligible candidates, the unfilled slots will be distributed equitably amongst other states.
** Reservation for Persons with Disability (PwD) will be made as per Government of India norms.
** Ishan Uday – Special Scholarship is Open till 15-11-2019
** Defective Verification – Open till 15-11-2019
** Institute Verification – Open till 15-11-2019