Organization : Ministry of Human Resource Development
Announcement : Improvement of Scholarship Scheme
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Website : http://mhrd.gov.in/
Notification : http://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/12403-Note.pdf
Improvement of Scholarship Scheme:
University Grants Commission (UGC) provides financial assistance to selected candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste (SC)/Scheduled Tribe (ST) categories under various scholarships/fellowships schemes to encourage their interest in Higher Education.
Related : MHRD Central Scheme to Provide Interest Subsidy on Education Loan : www.scholarships.net.in/11244.html
Name of Scheme- Number of beneficiaries during FY 2015-16:
1. Post Doctoral Fellowship for SC/ST -766
2. PG Scholarship for Professional Courses Resource Development for SC/ST -904
3. Rajiv Gandhi National Fellowship for SC candidate -19,623
4. National fellowship Higher Education for ST Students since 2015 [Formerly RGNF – ST] -4,929
UGC has informed that it has undertaken the following measures with a view to facilitate smooth disbursement of fellowships/scholarships to the students under the various schemes:
1. all fellowship schemes have been brought under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT) mode.
2. disbursal of grants to awardees is being routed through PFMS.
3. a dedicated web portal (https://scholarship.canarabank.in/AdminLogin.aspx) has been created for migration of legacy cases on DBT platform.
4. a fellowship tracking portal has been developed https://scholarship.canarabank.in/scholar/Login.aspx where the students can check the status of payment, date of upload of documents etc.
5. a dedicated emailid email@example.com is created to facilitate the redressal of student grievances especially relating to disbursal of fellowship/ scholarships.
6. a dedicated telephone number (01123235640) has been provided to attend to calls from students relating to grievances/complaints/ problems on disbursal of grants under various fellowship/ scholarship schemes.
This information was given by the Minister of State (HRD), Dr. Mahendra Nath Pandey today in a written reply to a Lok Sabha question.
About us :
The essence of Human Resource Development is education, which plays a significant and remedial role in balancing the socio-economic fabric of the Country. Since citizens of India are its most valuable resource, our billion-strong nation needs the nurture and care in the form of basic education to achieve a better quality of life. This warrants an all-round development of our citizens, which can be achieved by building strong foundations in education.
Contact Us :
Department Of Higher Education
Shri S.P. Goyal
Joint Secretary (NITs & DL)
New Delhi – 110001
Department Of School Education & Literacy
Shri Maneesh Garg
Joint Secretary (SE-I)
New Delhi – 110001