Organization : Science Olympiad Foundation
Scholarship Name : SOF GCSS 2021-22 Girl Child Scholarship Scheme
Applicable For : Girl Students (Classes I-X)
Application Last Date : 28.02.2022
Website : http://www.sofworld.org/girl-child-scholarship-scheme-gcss
SOF is pleased to launch the Girl Child Scholarship Scheme (SOF GCSS) 2021-22.
Related / Similar Scholarship : SOF AES 2021-22
Who Can Apply?
Girl students studying in class two to class Ten.
1. The G.C.S.S. is an annual scholarship covering one academic year of a girl child.
2. Under G.C.S.S., 300 deserving girl children will be selected from across India.
3. The selection of the G.C.S.S. students will be done from recommendations sent by schools.
4. Each selected girl will be awarded a scholarship of Rs. 5000/ to support her school education.
5. The G.C.S.S. amount will be released by 28th February 2022.
6. Cheque for the amount, in favor of the selected student, will be dispatched at her school address.
Girls will be selected from nominations received from schools in India. Nomination form is being sent to schools along with the Prospectus.
SOF GCSS aims to provide financial assistance to girls from the economically weaker section, to enable them continue their school education. 300 needy girls will be provided with an education scholarship amounting to Rs. 5000/- each for their education for a full year.
1. A school may send a proposal recommending a girl child for consideration for G.C.S.S.
2. Each school may recommend only one girl child.
3. Proposal should be signed by the school Principal / Head Master / Head Mistress only.
4. Proposal should be in the specified format (enclosed) and complete in all respects / with required attachments.
5. The girl being nominated must be studying in recommending school in class two to class Ten.
6. She should have scored at least aggregate 60% marks or equivalent grade in previous class.
7. The school should send a copy of her previous year’s report card duly certified by the principal to SOF along with the GCSS application form.
8. The marks criteria may be waived off for a child with major physical disability.
9. Child’s parents’ combined monthly income should be less than Rs.15000/-
10. All proposals received will be evaluated by a Committee set up by SOF.
11. Qualifiers of G.C.S.S. will be notified individually and through respective schools.
Recommendation Form :
12. Decision of the SOF Committee will be final and binding.
13. In case of any dispute, jurisdiction will vest with Delhi courts only.
14. Recommendation under G.C.S.S. should be submitted by 28th February 2022, at the National Office of Science Olympiad Foundation.
About Us :
SOF is a Registered Organization popularizing competition and assisting development of competitive spirit among school children. SOF was established by leading academicians, scientists and media personalities with the aim of promoting science, mathematics, computer education, English, General Knowledge and professional courses.
Last date for submission is 28th February 2022.