|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organisation : North Eastern Council
Scholarship Name : NEC Merit Scholarship 2020-21
Applicable For : Students Studying Higher Professional Courses
Applicable States/UTs : North Eastern States
Last Date : 31-10-2020
Website : https://scholarships.gov.in/
NSP NEC Merit Scholarship
Financial Support to the Students of N.E.R for Higher Professional Courses (NEC Merit Scholarship)
These scholarships are available for studies in India only and shall be awarded by the North Eastern Council, Ministry of Ministry of Development of North Eastern Region, Government of India, Shillong to the eligible candidates of the North Eastern States.
1. The scholarship is open only to a student who is a permanent resident of any of the North Eastern States.
2. For candidates belonging to Academic Year 2020-21 and onwards, the scholarship under this scheme shall be disbursed only through National Scholarship Portal (NSP). However, the students, who already have been receiving scholarship before these rules coming into force, shall continue to receive their scholarships as per the prevailing procedure till end of their scholarships tenure.
3. Once selected, the scholarship shall be available to a selected student for the prescribed duration of a course subject to fulfillment of renewal conditions, as specified under Para 6 of these rules. Extension of scholarship beyond the prescribed period of study will not be entertained.
4. At the time of availing the scholarship, the student must not be in receipt of any other scholarship/financial assistance from any other source. A sponsored candidate under full employment during the period of study or working/in-service candidates shall not be eligible to receive the scholarship.
5. A student shall only be considered for scholarship in the year of commencement of his/her course. For subsequent year of course, only renewal will be allowed.
6. Scholarship shall be admissible to students who get admission in Diploma, Degree, Post-graduate or registration in M.Phil. / Ph.D courses of any institute recognized by the Government. The grant of scholarship for M.Phil and Ph.D would be after the registration of the students with the University. The Scholarship will not be available for internship or any practical training.
7. The scholarship shall be admissible to the students whose parent / guardian’s annual income from all sources shall not exceed Rs 8.0 lakh. The income certificate issued by the competent authority shall be furnished by the candidate.
How To Apply?
The applicants are required to fill up application form on National Scholarship Portal (NSP) (www.scholarships.in), within the prescribed date for receipt of application, following due procedure/guidelines mentioned thereon.
They may also fill up the application form using NSP Mobile app or UMANG Mobile App. The applicants are, however, encouraged to apply at the earliest as it will provide them opportunity to make correction/updating etc. in their application, if suggested by the verification authority.
The applicant must be in possession of following documents at the time of application. He/She may be asked to upload a scanned copy of these documents as per requirement or extant rules /guidelines.
a) Permanent Residential Certificate (PRC) issued by the Dy. Commissioner /Addl. Dy. Commissioners/ Sub-divisional officer of civil sub-divisions in NE States; except Sikkim where Certificate of Identification (COI) issued by the respective Deputy Commissioner in the Govt. of Sikkim to its Permanent residents. Certificate from any other authority will not be accepted. (Mandatory)
b) Income Certificate issued by the Competent Authority (Mandatory)
c) Bank Account Pass Book – Account must be in the name of applicant (Optional)
d) Details of qualifying examination (Mandatory)
e) Synopsis signed by the project guide / Director (Research) or any official authorized by the Institute/University in the case of M.Phil/Ph.D. candidates (Mandatory).
f) Any other document as may be required under NSP guidelines.
Scheme Closing Date : Open till 31-10-2020
Defective Verification : Open till 15-11-2020
Institute Verification :Open till 15-11-2020