|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organisation : Department of School Education & Literacy
Scholarship Name : National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2020-21
Applicable For : Students Studying in class IX
Applicable States/UTs : All Over India
Last Date : 31-10-2020
Website : https://scholarships.gov.in/
NSP NMMS Scholarship
Under this scheme, 100,000 scholarships are awarded to the gifted or meritorious students whose parental income is not more than Rs. 1,50,000/- per annum from all sources.
Related / Similar Scholarship : NSP NEC Merit Scholarship 2020-21
Each State /UT have fixed quota of scholarship as given at Annexure of concerned age group of class VII and VIII. The scheme would provide reservation to different categories of students as per the State/UT norms; as different States/UTs have their own norms of reservation.
These scholarships will be provided on yearly basis to the students studying as regular students in class IX in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools which will be renewed for classes X, XI and XII. Thus the scholarships will be for a maximum period of four years.
The amount of scholarship will be Rs. 12000/- per annum @ Rs. 1000 per month.
How To Apply?
Students can apply for National Means Cum Merit Scholarship 2020-21 through National Scholarship Portal (i.e.scholarships.gov.in)
Each State/UT will conduct its own test for selection of students for the award of the National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship.
The State Level Examination may consist of the following two tests:
(i) Mental Ability Test (MAT)
(ii) Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT)
The students shall have minimum of 55 % marks or equivalent grade in Class VII examination for appearing in selection test for award of scholarship (relax able by 5% for SC/ST students). The students should be studying as regular student in a Government, Government-aided and local body schools.
Mental Ability Test
Mental Ability Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions testing verbal and non-verbal meta-cognitive abilities like reasoning and critical thinking. The questions in the test may be on analogy, classification, numerical series, pattern perception, hidden figure etc.
Scholastic Aptitude Test
Scholastic Aptitude Test may consist of 90 multiple-choice questions covering subjects namely, science, social studies and mathematics as taught in classes VII and VIII.
Duration of the Test:
Each test will be of 90 minutes duration. Children with disability will be given extra time, as applicable.
Declaration of Results
For selecting the students, the following conditions may apply:
(i) The students must pass both the tests i.e. MAT and SAT with at least 40 % marks in aggregate taken together for these two tests. For the SC/ST students, this cut off will be 32% marks.
(ii) At the time of selection for the award of scholarship the student must have scored at least 55% mark or equivalent grade in Class VIII examination. There will be 5 % relaxation for SC/ST students.
(iii) The awardees should satisfy the eligibilities and the conditions mentioned in the scheme.
Disbursement of Scholarships
1. A student can avail only one Scholarship under any scheme.
2. The awardees will be required to open bank accounts preferably in SBI, or any public sector bank or any scheduled bank which has core banking facility.
3. The State Governments / UT Administrations shall normally send the proposals/ list of beneficiaries on-line on the Scholarship Portal. The Ministry will scrutinize the proposal and sanction funds from Annual Budget Provision for releasing them to SBI, the implementing bank for scheme for disbursal of scholarships to students directly into their bank accounts by electronic transfer.
4. The awardees should get minimum of 55% marks in Class IX and XI and 60% in Class X for continuance of scholarship (relaxable by 5% for SC/ST candidates) in next higher classes.
5. SBI will ensure that the scholarship is paid to awardees in one go (Rs. 12000) immediately after getting the funds and the lists from the Ministry
General Eligibility Conditions
1. An awardee is eligible for the scholarship provided he/she:
i. takes up studies in approved courses.
ii. maintains good conduct as certified by the Head of the College/Institution and continues his/her studies as a regular student in a Government/Government-aided /Local Body school.
iii. does not absent himself/herself without proper leave.
iv. takes up studies on a whole time basis.
v. does not take up any job.
2. No scholarship shall be available for studies abroad for any course.
3. No claim for scholarship arrears will be entertained after the expiry of 12 months of the academic session for which one has applied for the claim.
4. In case any awardee leaves his/her course of study within one month of registration/admission, no scholarship shall be paid to him/her.
Scheme Closing Date : Open till 31-10-2020
Defective Verification : Open till 15-11-2020
Institute Verification :Open till 15-11-2020