|You can ask questions or answer questions about this scholarship.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Organisation : BHU Banaras Hindu University
Fellowship Name : Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020
Applicable For : Ph.D. Students
Last Date : 30.05.2020
Website : https://www.bhu.ac.in/
BHU Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banaras Hindu University-a premier Indian university invites applications for a number of postdoctoral fellowships for Foreign Nationals, PIO & OCI, as a follow up on its recent elevation as the Institutions of Eminence (IoE) by the Government of India.
Designated as the ‘Malaviya Postdoctoral Fellowships’, this programme offers up to 100 positions in all disciplines of Sciences, Social Sciences, Humanities and Other Professional Disciplines.
These fellowships are awarded for a duration of 3 years which may be extended for another 2 years on the favorable evaluation by the concerned review committee.
1. Ph.D. from the top 500 Institutions (THE or Q-S ranking) and a very good academic record throughout or a postdoctoral experience of three years from the top 500 Institutions (THE or Q-S ranking).
2. Candidates have evidenced and independent research capability and have publications in high impact journals.
3. Age limit – less than 35 years of age.
Rupees 1.00 lakh per month. In addition, the candidate will be entitled to an annual research grant of Rs. 3.00 lakh. Few campus accommodations are available at nomional rent.
How to Apply?
Just follow the below steps to apply for the Postdoctoral Fellowship 2020.
Step 1 : Visit the official website of Banaras Hindu University through provided above.
Step 2 : Download the application form from the official website or you can directly download it from below mentioned link.
Download Application Form :
Step 2 : The Candidates are requested to create a PDF file with all the above documents and required details which could be sent to the Coordinator, IoE Cell, BHU at: ioecell [AT] bhu.ac.in latest by 30th May 2020.
Step 3 : The PDF application also to be copied to the concerned Director/Dean/Head of the Institute/Faculty/Department/Centre and the faculty member willing to host.
1. Proposed research plan (up to 500 words)
2. Curriculum Vitae with a list of all Publications. Format of Curriculum vitae available at the webpage of University.
3. PDF files of at least two and up to five important publications and a brief description of candidate’s contribution.
4. Consent from a faculty member from BHU, who is willing to host may be attached.
5. Recommendation letter of thesis supervisor or PDF advisor.
** The application form is a fillable PDF file.
** The PDF files of the filled-out form, and all other documents mentioned in the form, must be packaged in the same order into a single PDF file and email to
1. The Coordinator, IoE, BHU at the email address:email@example.com
2. The Director/Dean, Head of the department in which you are interested, with a copy to the faculty member who is willing to host you.
About Us :
Banaras Hindu University is an internationally reputed temple of learning, situated in the holy city of Varanasi. This Creative and innovative university was founded by the great nationalist leader, Pandit Madan Mohan Malviya, in 1916 with cooperation of great personalities like Dr Annie Besant, who viewed it as the University of India.