|You can ask questions or answer questions about this scholarship.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Organization : West Bengal Council of Higher Secondary Education
Scholarship Name : Hindi Scholarship Scheme
Applicable For : Students whose mother tongue is not Hindi
Applicable State : West Bengal
Website : https://www.webel.in/
WB Hindi Scholarship Scheme
In order to encourage the study of Hindi in Non-Hindi speaking states, Government of India has implemented the Hindi Scholarship Scheme for the post-matric students [H.S., U.G., P.G., and Research (M. Phil. / Ph.D. etc)].
Related / Similar Scholarship : WB Higher Education 2016-17 Hindi Scholarship
The scholarship is given to students whose mother tongue is not Hindi and who are studying in a Non-Hindi speaking state in a recognized full-time course with Hindi as the sole subject or as one of the combination subjects.
Applications for Hindi Scholarships are invited from the students of West Bengal, who passed the Madhyamik, the Higher Secondary or the Degree (Pass or Honours) Examination or their equivalent examination of the other recognized examining bodies including Voluntary Hindi Organisations and got themselves admitted in the same year in the next higher course with Hindi as one of its subjects. Candidates of B.Ed./B.T. Course, where both the contents and methods of teaching Hindi are studied, will be eligible to apply for the Scholarship. Ph.D. or M.Phil or M.Litt candidates of Hindi Language or Literature are also eligible to apply, if they have registered in such studies
1. The Student should belong to a non-Hindi speaking State and be ordinarily residing in West Bengal.
2. His /Her mother-tongue should not be Hindi.
3. Candidates who belong to non-Hindi speaking States but have been residing for any purpose in a Hindi speaking State will not be eligible for the Scholarship.
4. Candidates who wish to pursue their studies through Correspondence Course or who are preparing for an examination privately, will not be eligible.
5. Candidates who are preparing for two Courses simultaneously will not be eligible, unless Hindi is one of the subjects of study in both those Courses.
6. Only those candidates will be eligible, who have passed the qualifying examination in the first attempt.
7. Candidates of Voluntary Hindi Organisations must submit the applications THROUGH PARENT BODY.
8. Candidates should secure at least 60% marks in the qualifying examination.
9. Candidates in employment, whether full or part time, or whether in a private Organisation or a Government Organisation, will not be eligible unless they are sponsored by the concerned State Government/Union Territory Administration and provided they execute a Bond with such State Government /Union Territory Administration, if so required by them (State/UT).
10. This Scholarship is combinable with other Scholarships as incentive to study Hindi.
11. Students who are already in receipt of Hindi Scholarship for a particular course of studies (i.e. H.S./Degree/Post Degree stages) need not apply afresh.
Their cases are renewable till the completion of the said course of studies on submission of the A.P.R. Forms, duly completed by the concerned Head of the Institution. However, for the next higher course of study the students have to apply afresh along with the new candidates.
Prescribed application forms may be obtained either by hand from the
Office of the Joint Director of Public Instruction(S & S),
West Bengal, Scholarship & Stipend Section,
West Bengal, Bikash Bhaban,
North Block, 9th Floor,
Bidhannagar, Kolkata-700 091
Between 12 noon to 4 p.m. on any working day on production of the original Mark Sheet or by sending a self-addressed and stamped (Rs.5/-) envelope with attested xerox copy of Mark Sheet to the above address.