|You can ask questions or answer questions about this scholarship.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Organization : Indra Foundation & Morph.org
Scholarship Name : Tara & Jasubhai Mehta Fellowships in Mathematics 2019
Applicable For : Students in India
Application Last Date : 01.04.2019
Website : https://promys.org/mehta-fellowships
PROMYS Tara & Jasubhai Mehta Fellowship
Applications are now open for the 2019 Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS. PROMYS 2019 will run from 30 June – 10 August.
Related : GSB Stanford Reliance Dhirubhai Fellowship 2019 : www.scholarships.net.in/36221.html
The Tara and Jasubhai Mehta Fellowships to PROMYS are for mathematically talented students in India who would be financially unable to attend PROMYS without a scholarship and travel assistance. 2019 will be the fifth year of the Mehta Fellowships and the 31th summer of PROMYS.
Who Can Apply?
1) Indian citizen and/or Indian resident between 14 and 19 years of age (inclusive) at the start of PROMYS.
2) Student at high school/secondary school in India in grades 9 – 12 (Standards IX-XII, +1, +2, or PUC) when applying.
Sixth form college and home-schooled students are also eligible as are students who are on a gap year between high school and university. Students who are already attending university are not eligible;
3) Financially unable to attend PROMYS without a scholarship and assistance with travel expenses;
4) Talented in mathematics and interested in working hard to solve challenging mathematical problems;
5) Proficient in English – Able to participate fully in mathematical discussions held entirely in English.
How to Apply?
Just follow the below steps to apply for the Tara & Jasubhai Mehta Fellowships in Mathematics 2019.
Step 1 : Go to the following link [https://promys.org/Student-Application]
Step 2 : Read the instructions carefully and fill the application with the required fields.
Step 3 : Upload the necessary documents to the application.
Step 4 : Finally click on “Submit” button to complete the application.
1. Before you submit this form, please be prepared to upload
** Your solutions (or attempted solutions) to the application problems.
** A copy of your school transcript (this does not need to be an official copy).
2. Your application will not be complete until we also receive an online Teacher Recommendation Form submitted by one of your mathematics teachers.
3. Please be aware that you will be unable to save this application before it is submitted. When you submit this form, you will automatically be sent an email with a copy of your responses.
Terms & Conditions
1) PROMYS lectures, discussions, and problem sets are in English; participants should possess English language skills which are strong enough to enable full participation.
2) For some students, school attendance dates will conflict with PROMYS participation dates. PROMYS is happy to assist students in explaining to their schools the academic advantages of participation in the program.
3) The mathematical material that students tackle at PROMYS is very challenging, and participants are expected to enjoy working intensively in mathematics; but students do not need to have taken any advanced or accelerated mathematics courses to thrive at PROMYS.
4) PROMYS is a co-educational program. Male and female students are supervised and supported by same gender counselors and sleep in gender-separated areas of Boston University campus housing.
5) Many domestic students at PROMYS receive full or partial need-based financial aid. Mehta Fellows receive full scholarships.
6) Although the majority of PROMYS students and counselors are from the United States, there are always a number of international students and counselors as well. Over the past 30 years, there have been students and counselors from at least 48 different countries – including India.
7) Mehta Fellows will be provided with bed linens and towels during the program.
8) Laptops are not needed at PROMYS. Students who wish to do so may use Boston University desktop computers at no charge.
9) PROMYS students eat their meals in a cafeteria at Boston University. Vegetarian options are always available.
Application Last Date
Application Last Date for Tara & Jasubhai Mehta Fellowships in Mathematics is 1 April, 2019 (11:59 PM ET)