|You can now ask your doubts / questions. Please go to the the bottom of this page for comments section.|
Organisation : Republic of China (Taiwan)
Scholarship Name : Taiwan Scholarship 2019-20 For South Asian Students
Applicable For : South Asian students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan
Applicable Countries : India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Nepal
Last Date : 31.03.2019
Website : https://www.roc-taiwan.org/in_en/cat/9.html
ROC Taiwan Scholarship
Republic of China invites applications for Taiwan Scholarship For South Asian Students for the year 2019-20.
Related : One Young World Leading Asia Scholarship 2019 : www.scholarships.net.in/36008.html
In an effort to encourage outstanding South Asian students to undertake degree studies in Taiwan so as to familiarize themselves with the academic environment in Taiwan and promote communication, understanding and friendship between Taiwan and South Asian countries (India, Bhutan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka & Nepal)
Taiwan Scholarship Eligibility
(i) Applicants must be a national of South Asian countries with a senior secondary school diploma or post-secondary degree(s), with an excellent academic record, and be of good moral character.
(ii) Applicants are ineligible if they meet the following criteria :
1. Are R.O.C. nationals or overseas Chinese students
2. Are already registered or have obtained student status at any university/college in Taiwan. Graduating students pursuing further studies are exempt from this rule.
3. Have already studied in Taiwan for the same level of degree as the one in which they currently intend to enroll.
4. Are exchange or dual/joint degree students admitted in accordance with academic cooperation agreements between local universities/colleges and international universities/colleges.
5. Have been a recipient of the Taiwan Scholarship for over a total of five years.
6. Have had, in the past, their Taiwan Scholarship or Huayu Enrichment Scholarship from the MOE revoked.
7. Are recipients of any other scholarship or subsidy offered by the Taiwan government or education institutions in Taiwan. This excludes subsidies offered by universities/colleges to cover tuition and other fees exceeding the scholarship limit.
Taiwan Scholarship Application Form
Just follow the below steps to apply for the Taiwan Scholarship 2019-20.
Step 1 : Visit the official website of Republic of China (Taiwan) through provided above.
Step 2 : Next download the application form from the official website or You can also download it from below mentioned link.
Download Application Form :
Step 3 : Fill the application form with the required details and attach the below mentioned documents.
Step 4 : Applicants should send the following document within the period specified enclosed with their application to
Taipei Economic and Cultural Center in India (TECC),
No. 34, Paschimi Marg, Vasant Vihar,
Applicants should apply directly for admission within the Last Dates from each university/college in Taiwan.
(i) Taiwan Scholarship Application Form.
(ii) A copy of the applicant’s passport or other nationality certificates.
(iii) A copy of the highest degree and academic transcripts.
(iv) A copy of admission application materials to universities/colleges in Taiwan
(v) A copy of a language proficiency certificate-
1. For applications to not all-English programs, a copy of results or certificate for the “Test of Chinese as a Foreign Language” (TOCFL) Level 3 or above.
2. For applications to all-English programs, a copy of TOEFL test scores or other recognized English language proficiency exams or degrees awarded in English must be submitted.
(vi) Two letters of reference, signed and sealed in envelopes (i.e. from the principals, professors, or supervisors). Photo copies and email submissions of letters of recommendation will not be considered.
(i) Tuition and payment of academic fees, including credit fee. Upon validation of tuition and above fees, the MOE awards each recipient per semester up to NTD 40,000. (Approximate US$1,270.00,86,000 Rupees). If the total amount of these fees should exceed NTD 40,000, the remainder of all costs shall be paid by the recipient.
Tuition and academic fees do not include any of the following- administration fees, thesis advising fees, insurance premiums, accommodation, Internet access, all of which are payable by the recipients.
(ii) Living allowance : The MOE offers each recipient undertaking undergraduate studies a monthly stipend of NTD 15,000.(Approximate US$470.00,32,000 Rupees); it offers each recipient undertaking postgraduate studies a monthly stipend of NTD 20,000. (Approximate US$625.00,43,000 Rupees)
** Paper review and TECC will choose some of the qualified candidates to join interview.
** Candidates and alternate candidates and their awarding universities/colleges are to be notified by May 31st, 2019.
** Successful candidates should submit a copy of their letter of admission to Education Division by June 30th, 2019.
Taiwan Scholarship Application Period
From February 1st to March 31st , 2019