Organization : Foreign & Commonwealth Office
Fellowship Name : Chevening Gurukul Fellowship 2019-20
Applicable For : Working professionals with 10 years work experience
Applicable Country : India
Application Deadline : 27-02-2019
Website : https://www.chevening.org/programme/gurukul
|You can now ask your question on this scholarship. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
Chevening Gurukul Fellowship
Applications for this fellowship are open from 17 December 2018 – 27 February 2019.
Related : ABS Dr. Goh Keng Swee Scholarship For Indian Students 2019 : www.scholarships.net.in/34895.html
The fellowship is aimed at young high-flyers and mid-career professionals from diverse backgrounds with a strong and demonstrable leadership potential.
Gurukul Fellowship Eligibility
To be eligible for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship for Leadership and Excellence you must
** Be a citizen of India and currently live in the country. You must not hold British nationality.
** Have at least ten years’ work experience prior to applying
** Be a mid-career professional with strong leadership potential in a wide range of sectors including state or central government, private sector, media, and civil society
** Have a good working knowledge of English to be assessed by a qualified English language assessor
** Have a postgraduate level qualification or equivalent professional training or work experience in a relevant area at the time of application
Gurukul Fellowship Online Application
Just follow the below steps to apply for the Chevening Gurukul Fellowship 2019-20.
Step 1 : Go to the following link [https://chevening.smartsimpleuk.com/s_Login.jsp]
Step 2 : Create an account on the portal.
Step 3 : Log- in and access the application form.
Step 4 : Fill the application form carefully with the relevant details.
Step 5 : Attach the required documents.
Step 6 : Submit the form.
The selected fellows will receive the following benefits
** Full waiver of the program fee
** Living expenses for the duration of the fellowship
** Economy flight ticket from India to UK
1. Can I extend my fellowship?
Extensions are only granted in exceptional cases and subject to funding. They are not recurring and shall not be assumed.
2. Can I change my flight once it has been booked?
Yes but the applicant will be responsible for the additional costs associated with the change.
3. When will I receive visa application guidance?
The applicant will receive the visa application guidance in the pre-departure Fellowgram, approximately 8-10 weeks before the start of the applicant’s Chevening Fellowship.
4. Can I defer my fellowship?
Deferrals are only granted in exceptional and specific circumstances. For more information, review the fellowship terms and conditions.
Terms & Conditions
1. A total of 12 fellows will be selected for the fellowship program.
2. It will be a 12-week intensive residential course in the Department of Politics and International Relations (DPIR).
3. Gurukul Fellows will be exposed to current issues and themes impacting global leadership, including
** Economics of global integration – growth, trade, regulation and deregulation.
** The role of science and technology – climate change, the internet, technological interconnectedness, cybersecurity.
** International governance and government of the nation-state – the UN, WTO and trade agreements, the European Union and Brexit.
** Social challenges of and to global integration – migration, refugees, inequality and intolerance.
** The new politics of support and opposition to global integration – nationalism and internationalism, security and conflict.
** Personal development and leadership skills.
4. The course includes various site visits in the UK and Europe, researching and presenting on a public policy plan to be developed throughout the course.
5. Fellowship tenure dates are listed in the final award letter.
6. Stipend payments will only be made for the duration of the fellowship.
7. Fellows are expected to return to their home country at the commencement of the fellowship program.