Organisation : University Grants Commission, MHRD
Portal Name : National Scholarship Portal
Scholarship Name : Post Graduate Scholarships For Professional Courses 2019-20
Applicable For : SC/ST Candidates
Application Last Date : 31.01.2020 (Date is Extended)
Website/Apply Online : http://www.scholarships.gov.in/
|You can now ask your question on this scholarship. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
NSP UGC PG Scholarships For Professional Courses
Applications are invited for Post Graduate Scholarships For Professional Courses For SC/ST Candidates for year 2019-20.
The objective of the scheme is to provide financial assistance to 1000 SC/ST candidates to pursue postgraduate level studies in Professional subjects in the eligible institutions.
Who Can Apply?
1. For the purpose of award of the scholarship students who are pursuing professional courses in the following Institutions/ Colleges/Universities
** Universities/Institutions/Colleges included under section 2(f) & and 12(B) of UGC Act.
** Deemed to be Universities included under Section 3 of the UGC Act, 1956 and eligible to receive grants-in-aid from UGC,
** Universities/Institutions/College funded by Central/State Government.
** Institutes of National Importance.
2. The upper age limit for male applicants is 45 years as on 1st July on the year of application, and 50 years in the case of female candidates.
1. M.A., M.Sc., M.Com., MSW and Mass Communication and Journalism degree are accepted as “Non-professional courses”
2. Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
How to Apply?
Just follow the below steps to apply for the Post Graduate Scholarships For Professional Courses 2019-20.
Step 1 : Go to the official website of National Scholarship Portal through the URL provided above.
Step 2 : Then Select UGC Schemes tab and Click on University Grants Commission – MHRD in the drop down list.
Step 3 : After that Click Apply link in the “PG Scholarships For SC/ST Students For pursuing Professional Courses”.
Step 4 : It will redirect to the Login Page. Enter your Application Id, Password and Captcha for Login.
Step 5 : After Login to your account select the Scholarship scheme and fill the required details to apply for the scholarship.
Step 6 : If you are a New User then Click on the Register link in the Login Page.
Step 7 : Enter all required details for registration to get your user id and password. After register your account you can Login and apply the scholarship.
Nature of Assistance
** The tenure of award is for two/three years depending upon tenure of the postgraduate course and not for extended period of study, if any.
** Candidates selected for the award of PG scholarships (under ME/MTech.) shall be provided Scholarship @ Rs.7800/-per month for the duration of the PG Scholarship. For other courses, the amount of scholarship will be paid @Rs.4500/- per month.
Cancellation of Award
Scholarship of a student may be cancelled in any of the following cases
** Failure of the awardee to pass the first year of Post Graduate course in first division or equivalent CGPA score.
** Discontinuation of studies due to personal reasons.
** Candidate is later found ineligible on account of false information provided in the online application or incorrect bank details.
1. Are all candidates pursuing post graduate courses in Indian Universities/ Colleges/ Institutes eligible for this award?
No. This scheme is meant only for SC/ST students. General category/ OBC candidates are not eligible to apply under the scheme.
2. Are students belonging to SC/ST category who are pursuing post graduation through correspondence/ distance mode eligible for the award?
No. Candidates pursuing post graduate course in professional subjects through correspondence or in Distance Education mode are not eligible to receive financial assistance under this scheme.
3. Are awardees selected under this scheme eligible to draw contingency and HRA?
No. The awardees are only eligible to receive scholarship amount.
4. Are students of eligible category who are pursuing post graduation and are in the second year of study eligible to apply under the scheme?
No. Only students pursuing first year of postgraduate course during the current academic year are eligible to apply.
** Post Graduate Scholarships For Professional Courses is Open till 31-01-2020
** Defective Verification – Open till 14-02-2020
** Institute Verification – Open till 14-02-2020