|Want to comment on this post?
Go to bottom of this page.
Organization : Guru Nanak College
Scholarship Name : Maharani Vidyavati Devi of Vizianagaram Endowment Scholarship
College Location : Chennai
Website : https://gurunanakcollege.edu.in/
Maharani Vidyavati Devi of Vizianagaram Endowment Scholarship:
The trustee of the late Maharani Vidyavati Devi Estate Offer a few scholarship to poor and deserving students in the college. The value of scholarship is Rs.5,000/- per annum.
The following are the REVISED RULES for the grant of Maharani Vidyavati Devi of Vizianagaram Trust Scholarship for the Academic year 2009-2010:
1. All I. II, III Year College Students and all Post Graduate/ M.Phil students are eligible.
2. Applicants must have passed in every subject in Plus 2 or in 1st, 2nd or 3rd year college. (i.e., there should be no arrears/failure/absent in any subjects).
3. Applicants MUST have a min average of 50% marks overall.
4. Gross Income of the Parents/Guardians of the applicant should not exceed Rs.9000 (Rupees Nine thousand only) per month from all sources.
5. Income certificate of Parents/Guardians should have been obtained from the Employer where he/she is working and dated after 01 June 2010. Pensioners should provide the latest certificate from the bank of post office or where ever the monthly Pension is credited in their respective accounts.
6. Those in receipt of any other scholarships or fee Concessions are NOT eligible.
7. Final year students who are applying afresh should attach copy of their 1st and 2nd year marks sheet. Post Graduate and M.Phil students should attach all the 3 year marks and pass in all subjects.
8. Application form should be submitted through the college only. Incomplete form will be rejected.
9. On receipt of the forms submitted by the college it will be scrutinized and prepare the list of approved candidates. Any deficiencies in the remaining applications will be notified to the college for corrections and re-submission.
10. The list of students selected for grant of scholarship will then be sent to the college with a request that the students should present themselves personally at the trustee office to sign the Scholarship Register. This is only required once in every academic year.
11. The scholarship amount should be paid directly to the college in TWO instalments every year. The first instalments will be paid after submission of the scholarship forms with income certificate and mark sheet, The 2nd instalment will be paid on receipt of confirmation from the head of the institution certifying that the students have achieved 75% attendance and satisfactory performance in studies. The letter requested certification from the head of the institution will be sent by Trustee office to college office in Jan 2011. It will only be necessary for you to have this certified and returned to the Trust, where upon and the 2nd instalment of the scholarship will be forwarded.
12. The Scholarship will only be paid to one member in a family during any academic year.
13. The forms should be submitted within the stipulated time given.
Maharani Vidyavati of Vizianagaram Trust
31, South Bank Road,
Mandaveli, Chennai-600 028