Organisation : Himachal Pradesh SCERT
Scholarship Name : NTSE 2018 State Level National Talent Search Examination
Applicable For : Students Studying in Class X of HP Schools
Applicable State : Himachal Pradesh
Application Deadline : 05-09-2018
Exam Date : 4th November, 2018
Website : https://admis.hp.nic.in/himachal/scert/NMMS_NTS12.html
|You can now ask your question on this scholarship. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
SCERT HP NTSE
Applications are invited for State Level National Talent Search Examination (Stage -I) 2018-19. On the basis of final (stage -II) examination conducted by NCERT, 1000 scholarships will be awarded.
Related : SCERT Himachal Pradesh NMMS National Means cum Merit Scholarship Exam 2018 : www.scholarships.net.in/26395.html
Who Can Apply?
1. Any regular student of Class X in academic session 2018-19 can appear in this examination. He must have passed IX class securing 60% (Gen. Category) & 55 % (SC/ST/PCG/OBC) in 2017-18 from any recognized school in H.P.
2. The attested copy of mark sheet of class IX must be attached with the application form.
3. Candidate failed in class X is not eligible to sit in examination .
4. Candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC must attach attested copy of certificate from SDM/ Tehsildar/ Naib-Tehsildar with the application form.
5. Candidates belonging to PCG must attach a certificate issued from CDMO (Chief District Medical Officer). Disability should be 40% or more.
6. If a candidate does not attach SC/ ST/ PCG/ OBC, he/she shall be considered for General category.
7. A students studying through ODL mode i.e.NIOS,SOS etc. can also apply provided he/she is not employed and is below the age of 18 years as on 01.07.2018
How to Apply?
Just follow the below steps to apply for the NTSE 2018 National Talent Search Examination.
Step 1 : Go to the official website of Himachal Pradesh SCERT provided above.
Step 2 : Download the Application Form from the official website or you can directly download it from below mentioned link.
Download Application Form :
Step 3 : Read the instructions carefully before filling the application form. You may take the help from your teacher/parent for filling in the application form.
Step 4 : Fill the application Form with the required details.
Step 5 : After filling up of the Application Form online, he / she is required to take the printout of the same and submit it to the concerned Headmasters.
Address for Submission of Forms :
State Council of Educational Research & Training,
Rabon, Solan (H.P.)
Pin Code-173 211
Step 6 : Make sure that the Admit Card is attached with the Application Form. It will be returned to you after the allotment of the Roll Number.
Head of the institution is advised to check that attested photocopy of mark sheet of 9th class, SC/ST/OBC Certificate, Disability Certificate issued by CMO, and income certificate for OBC (Non Creamy Layer) candidate is attached.
1. Stage -I will comprise of two tests namely MENTAL ABILITY TEST (MAT) & SCHOLASTIC APTITUDE TEST (SAT)
2. MAT will judge the power of reasoning, ability to think and judge, to evaluate or to discriminate etc.
3. SAT will consist of three parts & the division of marks will be as follows.
i) Science – Phy. (13), Chem.(13), Bio. (14) = 40 Marks
ii) Mathematics = 20Marks
iii) Social Science – History(12), Geo. (12), Civics/ Pol. Science (08), Eco. (8) = 40 Marks
4. MAT & SAT will be of 100 marks & 2 hours duration each. All the Questions will be compulsory. There will be no negative marking for wrong answers.
Application Fee :
** Rs. 50/- for General Category, Rs. 40/- for reserved categories.
** IPO/Demand Draft in favour of Principal, SCERT Solan (H.P.)-Payable at Solan
Selection process for the award of scholarship has 2 stages
Stage-I : State Level
** The minimum qualifying marks for General category/OBC candidate shall be 40% and for SC/ST/ PCG is 32% for each examination.
** Twenty Six (26) candidates will be selected in stage -I and their names will be recommended to NCERT, New Delhi for appearing in stage-II of the examination. A Certificate issued by Principal, SCERT, Solan will be awarded to the candidates selected in stage-I exam.
** There is no provision for revaluation of result.
Stage-II : (National Level)
1. Stage -II exam will be held on 12th May 2019 and this exam also comprises of MAT and SAT.
2. The candidate who qualifies in stage -II will be awarded the scholarship.
3. Students selected in examination shall be informed on their school address by SCERT Solan.
** 15% Scholarships will be awarded to SC, 7.5% to ST, 27% to OBC and 4% to Physically Challenged Group (PCG).
** The awardees of NTSE will receive a sum of Rs. 1250/- per month for +1 & +2 classes & Rs. 2000/- per month for U.G. & P.G. Classes.
** For the courses in basic science, Social Science and commerce, the Scholarship is provided upto Ph.D level.
** For professional courses the scholarship is given up to post graduation.
** Last Date of Submission of Forms – 5th September, 2018 (Wednesday)
** Date of NTSE-I Examination – 4th November, 2018 (Sunday)
** Date of NTSE-II Examination – 12th May, 2019 (Sunday)
In case any queries regarding the scholarship please contact the No. 01792-227235, 228135