Organisation : Ministry of Human Resource Development
Scholarship Name : Charm Global Scholarship Program 2018
Applicable For : Indian Nationals Undergraduate Degrees and Korean Language Program
Application Deadline : December 8, 2017
Website : http://mhrd.gov.in/scholarships
Guidelines : https://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/19272-CHARM.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Charm Global Scholarship Program :
1. Objectives :
The CHARM GLOBAL Scholarship Program for undergraduate degrees is designed to provide international students with opportunities to study at Semyung University in South Korea for Bachelor-level degrees and Korean Language Program, which in turn will contribute to the internationalization of SMU campus and promoting the international exchange in education and to deepening the mutual friendship among Countries
Related : Ministry of Human Resource Development Chinese Government Scholarship 2017-18 : www.scholarships.net.in/12935.html
2. Total Number of Scholars to Be Selected : 5 students
3. Academic Programs :
** Bachelor’s Degree Program (4 years) after preliminary Korean Language Program (1 year) Scholars must take the mandatory Korean language training at Semyung university language Center.
** Scholarship will be cancelled automatically if you do not obtain the level 3 on TOPEK(Test of Proficiency in Korean) before the completion of the one-year language program. Scholars with level 3 on TOPIK will be exempt from the language program and must begin their Bachelor’s degree program from Spring 2018.
4. Available Fields of Study : 4-Year Bachelor’s degree programs
** For more details on the available majors and study, refer to the “appendix 1”. All applicants must choose a major.
** Nursing and Korean medicine are no available to international students
5. Qualifications : Prospective applicants must meet all of the following conditions :
(1) CITIZENSHIP:Attention! Neither the applicant nor the parents should hold the Korean citizenship
(2) AGE: An applicant must be under age 25 as of March 1, 2018 (Should be born after March, 1, 1993).
(3) HEALTH : An applicant must be in good health, both physically and mentally.
** Those with disabilities, but in good mental and physical health, are eligible to apply.
** Those with severe illness are NOT ELIGIBLE to apply.
(4) LEVEL OF EDUCATION : An applicant must have graduated or be expected to graduate from a high school as of March 1, 2018
** Those who have already achieved a Bachelor’s degree or a higher degree are NOTELIGIBLE to apply.
** Those who have graduated or are expected to graduate from a high school in Korea are NOT ELIGBLE to apply.
(5) GRADES : An applicant must either have the cumulative grade point average (C.G.P.A.) of 80% (out of 100%), or be ranked within the top 20% throughout the entire high school period.
C.G.P.A. should be 2.64/4.0, 2.80/4.3, 2.91/4.5, 3.23/5.0 or higher see Appendix 2) if an applicant’s high school has an evaluation system different from the above scales, see 7-(2)-(9).
(6) An applicant should never have been awarded with any scholarship programs from Korea for an undergraduate degree program.
(7) An applicant must have no limitations in travelling abroad
(8) Applicants who have proficiency in the Korean (above Level 3) or English language(IELTS above5.5) will be given preference.
(9) Applicants from low income families or underprivileged backgrounds will be given preference.
6. Scholarship Benefits :
(1) Scholarship Period : March 1, 2018 February 28, 2023 (1-year language + 4-year Degree Program)
(2) Scholarship Benefits :
GD Tuition :
** The tuition fee up to 5 million KRW. In case the tuition is higher than 5 million KRW, the exceeding amount is covered by the host university. The university entrance fee is covered by the host university.
(2) Korean Language Training :
** The full cost for the 1 year is covered by NIIED and the language institution.
** Dormitory Fee (included Meal Plan).up to 3 million KRW for maximum 5 years
(3) Notes :
** Dormitory fee and meal plan are 100% supportable for both semester and vacation Semyung University does not cover the expenses for airfare, medical expenses and insurance.
** The Korean language fee is to be reimbursed through the insurance company to a scholar after he or she pays first. However, the expense for dental care or chronic disease will not be covered.
** The return flight ticket and the Scholarship Completion Grants will not be offered for those who withdraw from the scholarship program.
** If a student temporarily leaves Korea during the language program, the allowance will not be given during the period student was absent in Korea. The allowance will not be given if a student’s leave of absence period exceeds 30days during the degree program.
7. Required Documents :
(1) Reduired Documents : 1 set of the original documents below
(1) Completed Application Form (Form 1) G2) Personal Statement (Form 3)
(3) Study Plan (Form 4)
(4) Two Recommendation Letters (Form 5)
** Must be from two separate recommenders.
** The letters must be written by someone who can give in-depth assessment on the applicant’s abilities, including a high school teacher, principal, or academic advisor.
** Graduation Certificate of High School Those who are expected to graduate may submit a provisional graduation certificate of high school.
** High School Grade Transcript (including a description of the school’s grading system) Certificates of Citizenship of the Applicant and Parents (Examples: a birth certificate, a government-issued certificate indicating the parent-child relationship, a family register, or parents’ passport copies) Awards (Optional)
Application Deadline : December 8, 2017 18:00
For details on the application deadline and the submission of application documents, applicants should contact Semyung University. Yujin Shim (syB16 semyung…ac.kr)
The soft copies of required documents should be sent to Yujin Shim(sy81GSemyung.ac.ikr) by December 1st, 2017
Yuin Shim, Moonhwakwan No,303,
Semyung-ro 65, Jecehon,
Republic of Korea 27136