Organisation : CBSE Central Board of Secondary Education
Scholarship Name : CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme
Applicable For : Single Girl Child of Class X Passed in 2017
Applicable States/UTs : All Over India
Website : http://cbse.nic.in/Scholarship/Webpages/Guidelines%20and%20AF.html
Apply Online : http://184.108.40.206/cbse/2017/sgcx/default.aspx
Guidelines : https://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/18294-SGC.pdf
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme :
CBSE Merit Scholarship Scheme for Single Girl Child of Class X Passed in 2017
Update : CBSE Merit Scholarship For Single Girl Child 2018 : www.scholarships.net.in/28836.html
How To Apply :
1. Candidate need to enter her roll number and certificate no. (as printed on the class X grade sheet) in order to submit the online application form.
2. Enter all your particulars carefully and submit the form.
3. Note down the Registration Number shown on the page. This will be used while uploading documents and also for all other future communications.
4. Print the undertaking as provided in the “Guidelines Document” (this document), fill it, paste the photograph and get it attested from school.
5. Prepare affidavit, as per format provided in the “Guidelines Document”.
6. Scan the above two documents, ie Affidavit and Undertaking so as to create JPG image file of up to 1MB size.
7. Go to “Upload Document” option and upload both the above documents.
8. Go to print “Confirmation Page” option and generate the confirmation page.
9. Send duly filled and signed confirmation page to “Scholarship Unit”, CBSE, Shiksha Kendra, 2 Community Centre, Delhi – 110092.
10. In case of any query you may write to email@example.com
The objective of CBSE merit scholarship scheme is to provide scholarships to the meritorious Single Girl Students, who are the only child of their parents; and have passed the CBSE Class X Examination with 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks/ grades and are continuing their further school education of Class XI and XII.
The scheme is aimed to recognize the efforts of the parents in promoting education among girls and to provide encouragement to meritorious students.
Eligibility Criteria :
The scholarship shall be given on the basis of merit list as stated in Para 2 above, from the result of CBSE Class X Examination. The eligibility criteria shall be as under:
i) All Single Girl Students, who have secured 60% / 6.2 CGPA or more marks / grades in CBSE Class X Examination and are studying Class XI & XII in School (affiliated with CBSE) whose tuition fee is not more than Rs. 1,500/- p.m. during the academic year, shall be considered for the purpose. In the next two years, the total enhancement in tuition fee in such school shall not be more than 10% of the tuition fee charged.
NRI applicants of the Board are also eligible for the award. The tuition fee for the NRIs has been decided maximum of Rs. 6,000/- per month.
ii) The scholarship shall be awarded to Indian Nationals only.
iii) The student must continue her school studies in Class XI and XII in school as stated above in para 3(i).
iv) Candidate who have passed CBSE Class X Examination in 2017 will be considered.
v) A Scholar under the scheme while availing scholarship can enjoy other concession(s) given by the school in which she is studying other organization(s).
Duration of scholarship and its renewal:
i) The Scholarship awarded shall be renewed for a period of one year i.e. successful completion of class XI. Renewal shall also depend on promotion to the next class provided the scholar secures 50% or more marks in aggregate in the examination which determines her promotion to next class.
ii) The renewal/ continuation of the scholarship, in cases where a scholar gives up the chosen course of study before its completion or if she changes the school or course of study shall be subject to prior approval of the Board.
Good conduct and regularity in attendance are required for continuance of scholarship. The decision of the Board shall be final and binding in all such matters. A Scholarship once cancelled shall not be renewed under any circumstances.
Selection Procedure :
a) Student should have passed Class X Examination from the CBSE and secured 6.2 CGPA or more.
b) Pursuing Class XI & XII from CBSE affiliated Schools.
c) Student(Girl) should be ONLY CHILD of their parents.
d) Original Affidavit duly attested by the First Class Judicial Magistrate/ SDM/ Executive Magistrate/Notary as per prescribed format available on the Board’s website. (Photocopy of Affidavit will not be accepted).
e) Application form should be attested by the School Principal from where the student is pursuing Class XI after passing Class X from Board’s Examination.
f) Tuition fee should not be more than Rs. 1,500/- per month in Class X and 10% enhancement for Class XI & XII.