Organisation : Kendriya Sainik Board, Department of Ex- Servicemen Welfare
Scholarship Name : DESW PMSS Prime Minister Scholarship 2017-18
Applicable For : Ex-Servicemen Children
Applicable States/ UTs : All Over India
Application Deadline : 30th November 2017 (Date is Extended)
Website : http://www.ksb.gov.in/
Apply Here : http://ksb.gov.in/application-form.htm
Notification : https://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/16701-PMSS.pdf
FAQ : FAQ for Prime Minister’s Scholarship
|You can now ask your question on this scholarship. Ask here (OR) Go to the bottom of this page for comments.|
KSB Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme
Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme was introduced from the Academic year 2006-07 to encourage higher technical and professional education for the dependent wards of Ex Servicemen / Ex Coast Guard personnel and their widows.
Update : KSB DESW PMSS Prime Minister’s Scholarship Scheme 2018-19 : www.scholarships.net.in/25886.html
Notification Issued by Kendriya SainikBoard, New Delhi who have taken Admission in Academic year 2017-18 (1st year) Apply PMSS Online in KSB Website. www.ksb.gov.in.
Last Date for PMSS New Applications (1st year) has been extended to 30 Nov 2017
1. Ex-servicemen Children who have taken Admission in 2017 in 1st year Engineering/ B.Tech/Be/MBBS/BDS/Bed/BBA/B.PHARM/BCA/MBA Etc., or any other Professional courses…(list available in website)
2. Ex-Servicemen who retired from Armed Forces in the Rank of *JCOs and Below rank are eligible for PM Scholarship*. (Commissioned Officers children are not eligible PM Scholarship)
3. Minimum 60% percentage of marks are required in 10+2 (who joined in Graduation course) or 60% in Graduation (who joined in Post Graduation course).
4. Student studying 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible this Scholarship.
Amount of Scholarship:
(i) Rs.2,250/- pm for Girls (Rs.27,000/- pa.)
(ii)Rs.2,000/- pm for boys (Rs. 24,000/- pa).
Last Date :
Apply from 16th August, 2017 to 15th November 2017. Please donot wait till last date apply at the earliest possible.
How to Apply PM Scholarship
1. Please visit www.ksb.gov.in.
2. If you have not registered please register with Ex servicemen particulars ( his name, DOB, Service Number, Rank, Name, Address, Accounts detail, Aadhar detail etc.
3. Provide functional contact number and email address (if you have not E Mail Account please open your email account now). Submit save the registration.
4. Thereafter you will get password and link on your registered email id (which you have provided). Please click on the link sent to your email id, This is to test that your email ID is functional. If you do not click on the link your account will not activate with KSB and now log in with your email ID and password which have been sent to your email id.
5. You can select PMSS New application (ONLY FRESH CASES) from your dashboard (DROP DOWN WINDOW) and now apply with the particulars of your child. submit save the application. it will reach KSB through ZSB/RSB.
Ensure all correct documents are uploaded and all particulars/details entered are correct before submitting the application. Otherwise application will be rejected. Please recheck the particulars once again before save and submitting the application. This will reduce the chance of rejection.
6. There have been cases wherein applicant has saved the application, which kept pending in the dashboard. So please save and submit your application it will automatically come to us from ur dashbaord, if u keep it save it will remain pending in your dashbarod and we will not be able to do anything.
7. After submitting the application please visit Sainik Welfare Office with downloaded Pdf application along with all originals for verification.
8. Most important read carefully all instructions and read all documents which are required to uploaded. Please do not deviate from the instructions. Read and check all columns of your application once again. Lot of mistakes are committed in filling up the columns. we do not have system of rectifying the wrong applications, the power rests with you, so be careful.
9. Casual approach increase the chances of rejection.
10. Once again check your application thoroughly, go through each column once again before save and submitting the application to avoid delay or rejection of scholarship. This will help us in giving u the amount quickly.
11. Before fill up Please read the instructions and FAQ carefully available in website.
Priority for Grant of Scholarship :
Order of preference for selection of candidates will be as under:-
Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel killed in action.
Category- 2 :
Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in action and boarded out of service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard service.
Category -3 :
Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel who died while in service for causes attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
Category -4 :
Wards of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel disabled in service with disability attributable to Military / Coast Guard Service.
Wards & Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel in receipt of gallantry awards.
Wards / Widows of ESM / Ex Coast Guard personnel (PBOR Only).
FAQ Frequently Asked Questions :
1. I am the son of farmer and I have taken admission in BCA part 1. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Student studying 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible this Scholarship.
2. How can I download application form?
Registration page is available in the below link. ksb.gov.in/registration.htm
3. My application number is 15PM037456. What is my DAK ID?
You may contact Jt Dir PMSS. His Tele No is – 011-26715250 and e-mail ID is jdpmssksb-mod AT gov.in
4. My name is Sanjeevi Sunanda. I applied for PMSS in 2014. My registration number is 33777 and I get scholarship for two years. Now I have forgotten my mail ID due to lost of mobile. So kindly suggest me how to renew my scholarship.
The scholarship amount of First Installment will be paid immediately after the selection in merit list. For subsequent payment, the students should submit Online Renewal Application on completion of their each academic year, till completion of the course. 50% marks are mandatory in each semester / academic year.
Passing of all subjects in each semester / year in FIRST ATTEMPT is mandatory requirement for continuation of scholarship. If a student failed / got RA in any subject / semester and / or aggregates, his / her scholarship will be closed forever and no correspondence whatsoever will be entertained in this regard. The student can apply for renewal of scholarship within ONE YEAR of declaration of result.
5. I have completed B.Pharma. Am I eligible to apply for post graduation course? If yes please suggest me.
Only MBA and MCA are allowed for PMSS. No other PG courses are allowed for PMSS.
6. My daughters PSSM has been rejected. Please let me know, what to do now?
The student has to score 50% marks in each semester / academic year, then only he/she will get his/her PM scholarship amount. Failing to score 50% marks or get RA/fail in any subject / semester or in any academic year, his / her scholarship to be closed forever.
7. I have taken admission in MBA & its my 2nd year. Can I apply for this scholarship?
Student studying 2nd or subsequent years are not eligible this Scholarship