Organisation : U.T. Administration of Daman & Diu
Scholarship Name : National Talent Search Examination NTSE 2017-18
Applicable For : Students studying in Class X
Applicable States/ UTs : Daman & Diu
Application Deadline : 7th September, 2017
Exam Date : 5th November, 2017
Website : http://daman.nic.in/default.aspx
Application From : https://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/16654-Form.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
NTSE Exam :
Applications are invited for National Talent Search Examination NTSE 2017-18.
Related : Daman & Diu NMMS 2017-18 National Means cum Merit Scholarship Exam : www.scholarships.net.in/16652.html
Read the instruction carefully given on the next page before filling the application form. You may take the help firom your teacher/parent for filling up the application form.
Date of Examination: 5th November, 2017.
Application Fee; Rs. 75/- for General students and Rs. 55/- for SC/ST students.
Last Date of submission: 7th September, 2017
Coding Plan :
Read instruction carefully before filling up the Application Form.
1. Use only Blue or Black Ball Point pen. WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark or write outside the boxes.
2. Leave one box blank between two words. Limit your name and/or address within the space provided for it. Please see example as given below.
3. Cross(x) only one of the appropriate boxes in items nos. 4,5,6,7,10,11 and 21.
4. Please write code number in items nos 12, 13,14, 15 and 16 as given overleaf.
5. It is the responsibility of the candidate and the principal of the school to deposit the filled in form with the state concerned Officer before the last date. No request for condoning delay in submission will be entertained whether it is due to the fault of the Candidate or the Headmaster/Principal of his/her institution.
6. Incomplete or defensive applications are liable to be rejected.
Type of School /Institution:
A Government school is that which is run by the State Government or Central Government or Public Sector Undertaking or an Autonomous Organization completely financed by the Government.
A Local Body school is that which is run by Panchayati Raj and Local Body institution such as Zilla Parishad, Municipal Corporation, Municipal Committee and Notified Area Authority Committee and Cantonment Board.
A Private Aided school is that which is run by an individual or a private organization and receives grant from Government or Local Body.
A Private Unaided School is that which is managed by an individual or a private organization and does not receive any grant either from Government or Local Body.
The examination is conducted every year at two levels:
Stage-I (State Level) and Stage-II (National Level), however, the students studying abroad are exempted for State Level Stage-I of NTS examinations as per NTS Scheme.
About One thousand scholarships are awarded for different stages of education as follows:
(a) Scholarship of Rs.1250/- per month for Class-XI to XII.
(b) Scholarship of Rs.2000/- per month for Undergraduates and Post-graduates.
(c) Amount of Scholarship for Ph.D. be fixed in accordance with the UGC norms.
15% for students belonging to the SC category, 7.5% for students belonging to the ST category and 3% for Physically Challenged Group of Students.
Qualifying marks for candidates from General category is 40% in each paper and for candidates from SC, ST, PH is 32% in each paper.
Language Test :
Qualifying in nature and marks obtained for Language Test will not be counted for final merit.