Organization : Indian Academy of Sciences
Scholarship Name : FASTSF Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship 2017
Applicable For : Students and Teachers studying/teaching in the North-Eastern states of India
Applicable State : Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim and Tripura only.
Application Deadline : 15th December 2016.
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
Website : http://www.ias.ac.in/
Apply Here : http://web-japps.ias.ac.in:8080/fastsf2017/application_instructions.jsp
With a view of enhance the spread of Science and Technology in the specific regions of the country, the Inter Academy Panel has initiated the Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship [FAST-SF]
IAS Science Academies FASTSF 2018 Focus Area Science Technology Summer Fellowship : www.scholarships.net.in/17738.html
1) This programme is open for all Students and Teachers studying/teaching in the North-Eastern states of India. VIZ. Arunachal Pradesh, Assam, Meghalaya, Manipur, Nagaland, Mizoram, Sikkim and Tripura only.
2) Application should be submitted online in the prescribed format. This link is available in the website (www.ias.ac.in).
3) Its mandatory to upload the marks sheets from class X till the last examination. Please have the scanned versions of mark sheets (in JPEG format), before starting to fill up the application.
4) Only one application per candidate will be considered. If more than one application is submitted, none of the applications will be considered.
5) Answers to columns indicated by an asterisk (*) are mandatory and must be filled.
6) The last date for receipt of online applications is 15 December 2016.
7) Applicants should be studying in one of the following:
** BS / BSc / BVSc / BPharm (II and III years only)
** BE / BTech / BCA (II and III years only)
** MS / MSc / MVSc / MPharm (I year only)
** ME / MTech / MCA (I year only)
** (5-year integrated) MS / MSc /MTech / MBBS (II, III, IV years only)
** PharmD (III, IV years only)
** (dual degree) BTech + MTech (II/,III,IV years only)
** (dual degree) BE + MSc (II, III, IV years only)
** (dual degree) BS + MS (II, III, IV years only)
** Integrated PhD (I, II years only)
8) The minimum percentage of average marks in core subjects only (i.e. excluding languages) from X std. up to post-graduation (whichever years completed) should be 65% or above.
9) Students doing PhD are not eligible.
10) The applicant should include a write-up (in about 150–250 words) as to the specific area of the applicant and indicate what he/she would like to learn and achieve through this fellowship. It can also include the specific experiment or theory that the applicant wants to work on but NOT a general description of the area. The write-up should not be a “copy and paste” job from any source.
11) Do not use special/scientific characters like Ø Ü etc…as the software will prevent you from uploading the application with such characters.
Enclosures to application:
12) Both student and teacher applicants must upload scanned versions of mark sheets from class X till the last examination in JPEG Format (the size of each marks sheet should not exceed 700 kb).
13) Teacher applicants should upload their publications, if any. On selection, an authorization letter from the Principal/HoD that necessary permission/leave of absence will be granted should be sent by post to the Coordinator, FAST-SF 2017, Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru 560 080.
14) Student applicants must upload the contact details of one of their present teachers or the Head of the Department (HoD). The Academy will get in touch with the teacher and obtain the recommendation letter.
15) All decisions regarding the selection of candidates will be at the sole discretion of the Academies. Any grievance or dispute concerning FAST-SF 2017 shall be addressed to the Academy whose decision thereon shall be final.
16) If a candidate is found at any point of time to have submitted false information, his/her fellowship will be cancelled, and he/she will be asked to pay back the fellowship amount/travel allowance etc. that has been paid to him/her. Further his/her guide and the Institution in which he/she is currently studying will be informed of the matter.
17) Without prejudice to 15) above, only the courts at Bengaluru city shall be the fora for seeking judicial remedy, if any, for any dispute or grievance.
18) Academy means Indian Academy of Sciences, Bengaluru. Academies mean Indian Academy of Sciences (Bengaluru), Indian National Science Academy (New Delhi), and The National Academy of Sciences, India (Allahabad).
19) Guide means a person from the list of scientists/faculty approved by the Academies as guides.
20) All correspondence should be addressed to:
Mr C.S. Ravi Kumar
Coordinator, Focus Area Scinece Technology Summer Fellowship (FAST-SF)
Indian Academy of Sciences
CV Raman Avenue, near Mekhri Circle
Bengaluru 560 080
Tel. (080) 2266 1207, 2266 1202, 2266 1221
Email: email@example.com, website: www.ias.ac.in