Organization : Karnataka Backward Classes Welfare Department
Type of Facility : Pre-Matric Scholarship For Std V to X Students
State : Karnataka
|You can ask questions or answer questions about this scholarship.
Please go to the bottom of this page.
Pre-Matric Scholarship :
All Backward classes students studying in Std. V to X in Govt./Aided & un-aided institutions are eligible for the award of pre-matric scholarship, subject to fulfillment of the conditions laid down in the “Eligibility” column.
Related / Similar Scholarship : BCWD Post Matric/ Vidyasiri Scholarship 2016-17
The Pre.matric Scholarship is sanctioned (awarded) AT Rs.75/- & AT Rs.100/- per student/per annum respectively for the students studying in Higher Primary (Std.V to VII) and Higher Secondary Schools (VIII to X). However, there is no income limit for the students belonging to Category-I of Backward Classes.
The required prescribed application forms will be sent to the institutions for the award of Pre-matric scholarship from the Backward Classes Extension Officers in respective Taluk Panchayath Offices. The heads of the institutions shall return the duly filled in applications along with the Caste/income certificates and copies of the marks cards of the students to the B.Cs Extension Officer at the same office within the stipulated time.
After scrutinizing the applications, the scholarship will be awarded to the eligible students and the amount shall be sent through a consolidated cheque along with a list of awardees to the Heads of educational institutions who in turn shall disburse the scholarship amount to each awardee in the presence of his/her parents/guardians obtaining their signature on the acquittance roll which should be later sent to the B.Cs. Extension Officer of the Taluk Panchayath concerned for record purpose.
All B.Cs students studying in std. V to X who satisfy the conditions specified below are eligible for the benefit under this scheme.
1. The students should belong to either of the categories of B.Cs as enumerated in G.O. dt; 30.3.2002.
2. The students should not be the inmates of any Govt./Govt.aided hostels.
3. They should not be the recipients of any other kind of scholarship except Merit Scholarship.
4. The scholarship applications should be duly filled and submitted in the prescribed form along with relevant enclosures within the stipulated time. Applications received after the due date/incomplete applications/applications without enclosures shall not be valid.
5. The annual income of the parents/guardians of the students should not exceed Rs.15,000/- per annum.
Documents required :
1. Caste/Income certificates of the students
2. Copy of the Marks Card of previous examination.
3. Completely filled application format
Whom to approach :
Backward Classes Extension Officer at Taluk/Panchayath Office in respective taluks
Time Schedule :
After the beginning of the academic year, the scholarship applications will be sent to the educational institutions by B.Cs Extension Officer of T.Ps.
Authorities to be approached :
i. The B.Cs Extension Officer in Taluk Panchayat, Office of concerned Tq.
ii. The Dist.Officer for Backward Classes & Minorities in respective districts.