Organisation : Dr.Ambedkar Foundation
Scheme Name : Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Awards For Meritorious Students of Senior Secondary School Exam To SC
Applicable For : Students of Senior Secondary School
Website : http://ambedkarfoundation.nic.in/html/schemes.html
Scheme Details : http://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/17708-Award.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
National Merit Award Scheme :
Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme for meritorious students of Senior Secondary School Examination belonging to Scheduled Caste
Related : Ambedkar Foundation National Merit Scholarship For Meritorious Students of SC/ ST : www.scholarships.net.in/1017.html
1. Bharat Ratna Baba Saheb Dr. B.R. Ambedkar is respected all over the country for fighting for the cause of poor, downtrodden and the weaker sections. Having come from a family belonging to weaker section, Baba Saheb, by dint of his hard work rose to a high position and made significant contribution in the process of Nation building.
Baba Saheb availed higher education both in the country and abroad. Award provided to him by the Maharaja of Baroda was of critical significance in the life and achievements of Baba Saheb. With a view to recognize merit and encourage and motivate students, it is proposed to provide a one time cash ward to the meritorious students, belonging to Scheduled Castes(SC).
2. The Scheme would be known as “Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award Scheme for Senior Secondary Examination.”
3. This scheme would be implemented by Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, set up under the aegis of the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment in 1992.
Recognizing, promoting and financially assisting meritorious students belonging to Scheduled Castes.
1. Students should belong to Scheduled Castes (SC).
2. The students should have appeared in any of the recognized State/Central Board of Secondary Education Examination, Council for the Indian School Certificate Examination and National Institute of Open Schooling and scored not less than 50% marks in the aggregate in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examination. A list of 29 Boards/Council of the country is given at Annexure-I.
No. of Award :
1. The Dr. Ambedkar National Merit Award will be given to three students scoring highest marks in the regular Class XII level examination conducted by the Senior Secondary Board/Council in 4 streams such as Arts, Science (with Maths), Science (with Biology / Maths & Biology) and Commerce.
2. Thus, there shall be 12 awards for each of the 29 Boards (including 3 all India Boards). In the case of more than one student getting the same marks, the number of awards would be suitably increased for covering all such eligible students.
Special Merit Awards For Girl Students :
After first three positions of merit, the next three girl students securing the highest marks in each stream would be given a special Award @ Rs.20,000/- each. This is in addition to the other Awards in order to encourage girl students.
Mode of Selection :
The Board/ Council conducting the examination shall send details of the students (name, address, percentage of mark, school last attended, nearest bank etc.) in the format given as Annexure-II to the Ambedkar Foundation within 15 days of announcement of the examination results, with copy to the Secretary, Education Department of the concerned State Government.
The information should be duly authenticated by the Secretary of the Board/ Council. The State Government shall verify and forward the list to the Foundation within the next 15 days, provided that if details are not received from the State Government within the Scheduled time, action will be taken based on the details received from the Board/ Council.
1. The proposal received from the recognized Board/ Council shall be processed in the Foundation and the Award amount shall be sent to the student awardees directly in the form of an Account Payee Bank Draft by registered post under intimation to the Board/ Council and the educational institution last attended.
The student awardees will be encouraged to keep the amount in fixed deposit and avail the interest accrued thereon, provided that there will be no bar for utilizing the amount for meeting personal educational health related expenditure.
2. Student awardees securing first, second, third and the girl student securing highest mark in each of the 29 boards/councils may either be invited to the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation, New Delhi for a felicitation each year or Foundation may send the awards to the student awardees through the respective District Magistrate/ Deputy Commissioners as per the convenience.
In case the Foundation invites the students, the awardee and one escort will be paid actual fare by sleeper class train/bus from their place of study or from their hometown (both ways). A sum of Rs.20.88 lakh (@ Rs.3000/- (for awardee and escort on an average) will be spent for the purpose.
3. The scheme will have a total financial implication of Rs.276.66 lakhs per annum. It will benefit 696 students all over the country directly and will be of considerable indirect benefit to the students belonging to Scheduled Castes by recognition of merit and academic excellence. In case any doubt is raised on the scheme, it shall be referred to the Dr. Ambedkar Foundation and decision of the Foundation will be final.