Organisation : Directorate of School Education, Puducherry
Scholarship Name : NMMS 2017-18 National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination
Applicable For : Students studying in Class VIII
Applicable States/ UTs : Puducherry
Application Deadline : 07-09-2017
Exam Date : 05-11-2017
Website : http://schooledn.puducherry.gov.in/homepage.htm
Application Form : http://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/16625-NMMS2017.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
NMMS Exam :
Applications are invited for NMMS 2017-18 National Means-Cum-Merit Scholarship Examination
Related : Puducherry School Education NTSE 2017-18 National Talent Search Exam : www.scholarships.net.in/16620.html
The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship Written Examination is conducted by the Directorate of School Education launched by the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), New Delhi for the Economically weaker section students to arrest their drop-outs. As per the State Quota, students will be selected for the award of scholarship on the basis of the Merit List.
Eligibility to Appear:
1. Students should be studying in class VIII in State Government/ Government Aided Schools only.
2. Students should have scored atleast 50 % of Marks for SC / ST Category, 55 % of Marks for other Categories. in VII Std Annual Examination.
3. The income of parents from all sources should not exceed Rs.1,50,000/- per annum.
The whole portions of class VII and portions upto December of Class VIII in Mathematics, Science and Social Science subject of State Board Syllabus.
Date of Examination : 05-11-2017, Sunday
This examination consists of two parts. All questions are to be answered. Separate question booklets will be provided for Part-I and Part-II.
Method of Answering:
Shade the correct answers in Optical Mark Reader (OMR Sheet) using Black ball point pen only.
Submission of Application Forms:
The last date for submission of Filled-in application forms by the students to their schools concerned is 07-09-2017.
Issue of Hall Tickets:
Students can collect the Hall Tickets from their respective schools from 27.10.2017 onwards.
Type of School/Institutions :
A Government school is that which is run by the State Government or Public Sector undertaking or an Autonomous Organization completely financed by the Government
Local Body :
A Local Body School is that which is run by Panchayati Raj and local body institutions such as Zila Parichad, municipal Corporation, Municipal Committee, Notified Area Committee and Cantonment Board
A private aided school is that which is run by an individual or a private organization and receives grant from government or local body.
Read instruction carefully before filling up the Application Form.
1. Use only Blue or Black Ball Point pen. WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark or write outside the boxes.
2. Leave one box blank between two words. Limit your name and/or address within the space provided for it. Please see example as given below.
3. Cross(x) only one of the appropriate boxes in items nos. 4,5,6,7,10,11 and 21.
4. Please write code number in items nos 12, 13,14, 15 and 16 as given overleaf.
5. It is the responsibility of the candidate and the principal of the school to deposit the filled in form with the state concerned Officer before the last date. No request for condoning delay in submission will be entertained whether it is due to the fault of the Candidate or the Headmaster/Principal of his/her institution.
6. Incomplete or defensive applications are liable to be rejected.