Organisation : Directorate of School Education, Puducherry
Scholarship Name : NTSE 2017-18 National Talent Search Examination
Applicable For : Students studying in Class X
Applicable States/ UTs : Puducherry
Application Deadline : 07-09-2017
Exam Date : 05-11-2017
Website : http://schooledn.puducherry.gov.in/homepage.htm
Application Form : http://www.scholarships.net.in/uploads/16620-NTS2017.pdf
|You can now ask your questions about this scholarship. Please go to the bottom of this page.|
NTSE Exam :
The Government of Puducherry awards Rs.5,000/- for the students selected in the State Level Examination and Rs.10,000/- for students selected in the National Level Examination as one time incentive.
Related : Puducherry School Education NTSE 2016 National Talent Search Exam : www.scholarships.net.in/9943.html
Eligibility to Appear:
1. All students of Class X studying in State / Central Government recognized schools are eligible.
2. The National Means-cum-Merit Scholarship (NMMS) awardees are also eligible.
The National Talent Search (NTS) Scholarship awardees are not eligible.
The whole portions of class IX and portions upto December of Class X in Language-I, Language –II, Mathematics, Science and Social Science subject of State Board Syllabus.
Date of Examination:
First Stage Examination (State Level) : 05-11-2017, Sunday
Second Stage Examination (National Level) : 13-05-2018, Sunday
This examination consists of two parts namely PART-I and PART-II. Separate question booklets will be provided for Part-I and Part-II. All questions are to be answered
Extra 30 minutes will be given to Visually Challenged Candidates only
Method of Answering:
Shade the correct answers in Optical Mark Reader (OMR Sheet) using Black Ball point pen only.
Submission of Application Forms:
The last date for submission of Filled-in application forms by the students to their schools concerned is 07-09-2017.
Issue of Hall Tickets :
Students can collect the Hall Tickets from their respective schools from 27.10.2017 onwards.
Coding Plan :
Read the Instructions carefully before filling up the Application Form
1. Use only Blue or Black Point Pen. WRITE IN CAPITAL LETTERS. Do not mark or write outside the boxes.
2. Leave one box blank between two words. Limit your name and / or address within the space provided for it. Please see example as given below.
3. Cross (X) only one of the appropriate boxes in Item Nos. 4,5,6,7,10,11 and 21
4. Please write code number in Item nos 12, 13, 14, 15 and 16 as given overleaf.
5. It is the responsibility of the candidate to deposit the filled in form with the Principal / Headmaster of the School before the last date. No request for condoning delay in submission will be entertained whether it is due to the fault of the Candidate or the Principal / Headmaster of his / her institution.
6. Incomplete or defective applications are liable to be rejected.
7. 4% for Physically challenged Group[ of Students, with benchmark disabilities of which, one percentage each shall be reserved for persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses (a), (b) and (c) and one percent fro persons with benchmark disabilities under clauses (d) and (e) namely
(a) Blindness and low vision
(b) Deaf and hard of hearing
(c) Locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy
(d) Autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness
(e) Multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf – blindness in the posts identified for each disabilities.
Type of School :
A Government School is that which is run by the State Government or Central Government or Public Sector Undertaking or an Autonomous Organization completely financed by the Government.
Private Aided :
A Private Aided School is that which is run by an individual or a private organisation and receives grant from government.
Private Unaided :
A Private Unaided School is that which is managed by an individual or a private organisation and does not receive any grant from the government
Instructions To The Candidate :
1. A Photo duly attested by the Head of the School should be pasted on the space provided in the Application Form.
2. Hall Ticket will be sent to the candidates through their school. Affix passport size photo and get it attested from the Head of the School .
3. Reach the Examination Centre atleast Half-an-hour before the commencement of the Examination and occupy the seat that bears your Register Number.
4. Do not take Calculator, Clarke’s Table or any kind of ready reckoner to the Examination Hall.
5. Write your Register Number, as given in the Hall Ticket on the OMR Sheet and on the cover page of the Question Booklets in the space provided.
6. DO NOT Write your name in any part of the Question Booklet or the OMR Sheet.
7. Follow the instructions of the Invigilator strictly during the Examination.